PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Quantum Tour 10

jumbodaddy
01-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Played with this racquet recently and liked it a lot. Wasn't able to find it listed on the TW site though.

Has it been discontinued?

If so, does anyone know what has replaced it in Volkl's line?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

NoBadMojo
01-09-2006, 08:00 AM
JUmbo this is one of those things were you are best off using the search function of the forum. There were two Quantum10's over the years and both have been discontinued for some while, and each played a bit diferently. I dont know of any frames that play like these..they were a bit unusual i think. small sweetspot for a larger head...really sweet in the small sweetspot but not very pleasant outside. The closest frame I can think of would be one of the Fischers..perhaps the Fischer Pro Tour FT (i think that's what it is called)

Ronaldo
01-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Quantum Tour 10 is closest to the current Tour 8 and Catapult 7. Prefer the Catapult to the old Quantum Tour 10 which was headlight and had too much power.

NoBadMojo
01-09-2006, 08:50 AM
The Tour8 and Cat7 are more like the original Quantum10 which was longer and lighter than the Q10Tour which I believe the OP is asking about. The Q10Tour was standard length and they used the P-Rap Bumper/Grommets which added quite a bit of weight to the frame compared to the earlier Q10. The two Quantum frames play and swing significantly different and that's why I thought it best for the poster to do a search depending upon which Quantum version he was using. Sounds like he is using the standard length Q10Tour which I dont think plays very much like the Cat7 or Tour8

ChicagoJack
01-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi - Jumbo Daddy

I'm going to assume you are meaning the Volkl Quantum 10 Tour, not the Tour 10. Volkl Has changed models, versions, and names over the years In a way that is difficult to explain historically. Placing the "Tour" before the "10" makes it seem like part of the tour series. But then again you've called it "quantum" -- so it sounds like maybe you are meaning the quantum series, which is a whole 'nuther line. I've got a post here that explains it in more detail.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=78339

I used Volkl Quantum 10 Tours for a few years. I think Mojo and Ronaldo's comments are pretty spot on. When I was still a current user that frame, I would not really agree with NBMJs comment regarding it being a bit harsh outside of the sweetspot. Now that I've spent a few years with the LM Prestige and then moved on to the Volkl T10 Gen II, I can see by comparison at least, that he is right. These were manufactured at a time when lots of companies were using titanium. I think this is probably the main distinction here. The G2 has got the fiberglass, and is much sweeter in the string bed OA.There is nothing currently avail in the current Volkl line-up that compares in terms of feel, in my opinion. In terms of power the Q-10 tour is closer to the T10VEmid. The Gen 2 has got noticebly more power. The non Tour version Q-10 (original) is a totally dif frame, and is a very powerful, typical tweener type frame.

Having said all of that, they are still very nice, control oriented frames, and still have a small and throughly loyal following. I sold a few of mine, but kept a few. Knowing myself, I will drag them out of the closet one day and remember instantly all the things I loved about them

[..]..............

The USRSA has the Q10 Tour listed with a power rating of 1889. Here are a few more in that range.

1740_Volkl Tour 10 VE Mid
1811_Fischer Pro Tour
1889_Volkl Quantum 10 Tour
1924_Volkl Tour 9 VE (76 Holes)
1932_Fischer Pro No One
1957_Head LM Prestige MP
1957_Volkl Tour 9
1975_Volkl Cat 8 VE
2020_Volkl Tour 10 MP Gen II
2282_ Volkl Quantum 10 (original)

Best regards, take care
-Jack

Ronaldo
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
My post was about the Quantum 10, a tweener. Quantum 10 Tour had an 18x20 string pattern, weighed between 11.5 and 12 oz, 27" long. Used it and the HPS 6.1 95 which was heavier and had more pop. Preferred the Wilson.

vkartikv
01-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Believe it or not, someone paid $300 for 2 of these (in used condition) on that auction site. he must have been crazy - you can get two brand new tour 10 midpluses for the same price!!!

Whats so special about this racquet??

Ronaldo
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Well it's a 10 Tour not a Tour 10

ChicagoJack
01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
deleted -l'kj;lkjkjkjfkjgkj