PDA

View Full Version : Prince o3 blue! Please Help!

TacoTims
01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I have a question regarding the o3 blue. My dad have been using prince pro for a bout 20 years now however he just broke his last frame 2 days ago. So he bought a prince O3 blue for the replacement. However he claimed that the frame is too light and it felt like as if he was hitting with a cardboard. I told him I might be able to help him by adding lead tape on the frame. Does anyone know where to add the tapes at, if i want to get the same feel as the prince pro? I think the pro is about 12 oz in weight (after strung) and about 2pts head light. But adding on the 3,9,12,6,2 and 10 thing is what i don't understand. Can someone please help? I looked at the tw learning centre and it said that dont add leads more than 6 inches at once.. what is the reason for this?

bluegrasser
01-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Try 6" at the 3/9...

PBODY99
01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I have a question regarding the o3 blue. My dad have been using prince pro for a bout 20 years now however he just broke his last frame 2 days ago. So he bought a prince O3 blue for the replacement. However he claimed that the frame is too light and it felt like as if he was hitting with a cardboard. I told him I might be able to help him by adding lead tape on the frame. Does anyone know where to add the tapes at, if i want to get the same feel as the prince pro? I think the pro is about 12 oz in weight (after strung) and about 2pts head light. But adding on the 3,9,12,6,2 and 10 thing is what i don't understand. Can someone please help? I looked at the tw learning centre and it said that dont add leads more than 6 inches at once.. what is the reason for this?

You add the weight in steps, so your dad can see how he like the new balance. So the the weight a 3 & 9 , that makes it more stable. If he says it is too light, add a strip at the 10 to 2 position, And and equal amount under the grip at the bottom.
He may have a real time getting use to a non-metal frame after all this time , so just be resolute.:cool:

kpete
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
If your Dad needs another stick, I have a hardly-used O3 Blue available. It has been strung and is a nice racquet. Contact me at kwpeterson@gmail.com if interested. Thanks.

big_banger
05-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Try 5" at the 3/9 spots.

Ripper
05-08-2006, 12:14 PM
If your Dad needs another stick, I have a hardly-used O3 Blue available. It has been strung and is a nice racquet. Contact me at kwpeterson@gmail.com if interested. Thanks.

The guy says it's like a piece of cardboard and you want to sell him another one?

blue03
05-09-2006, 12:26 AM
i'm using 03 blue right now, and my friend said he doesnt feels anything when hitting the ball...i only like it for serves and top spin fh...i dont like the backhand feeling at all with this racquet :confused: (1bh)