PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3

kreative
06-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Interested in any feedback anyone can provide on the Hyper Hammer 6.3 MP (95") or even the OS. Groudies, volleys, serves, spin, power, control, comfort, manueverability. Your input is greatly appreciated.

ragnaROK
06-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Played with the OS for 2 years. Groundies were decent, but not enough control.

I could hit with a LOT of spin on my groundstrokes so that compensated for the control a bit.
Power.. too much power in my opinion.
One thing I loved about it was the touch shots I hit. I hit so many wicked drop volleys with it, and I still don't know why.
Serving- too much power, beefs up the flat heater if you have it. Spin serves are fairly decent but not good for ball placement.
Comfort- I developed really bad tendonitis in my wrist with this racket. It was too flimsy and any shank hurt a lot.
Since it's head-heavy it wasn't very manueverable for volleys.

It's basically a baseliner stick, I'd recommend a lot of lead tape if you're gonna use it.

perfmode
06-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Played with the OS for 2 years. Groundies were decent, but not enough control.

I could hit with a LOT of spin on my groundstrokes so that compensated for the control a bit.
Power.. too much power in my opinion.
One thing I loved about it was the touch shots I hit. I hit so many wicked drop volleys with it, and I still don't know why.
Serving- too much power, beefs up the flat heater if you have it. Spin serves are fairly decent but not good for ball placement.
Comfort- I developed really bad tendonitis in my wrist with this racket. It was too flimsy and any shank hurt a lot.
Since it's head-heavy it wasn't very manueverable for volleys.

It's basically a baseliner stick, I'd recommend a lot of lead tape if you're gonna use it.

I agree with you.

It has amazing spin potential but it lacks stability. Shanking kills. If you play with a lot of spin and hit the ball at 10 and 2, you are going to think this racquet is pretty bad. My favorite thing about it is the spin potential but it isn't very stable at all.

Leslie Kwong
06-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Dear, My wife use this racket and prefer to oversize one.I have a complete 9 pages print out fron the TW review which consist of midplus and oversize with light and traditional heavy bumper.
I can fax to you or post to you if you want. My e mail address:TL_Kwong@hotmail.com.

I was said to be a very good /excellent racket at that time.

Mr. Sparkay
06-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Seen many players at different levels have sucess with this "cross-over" racquet...both mid + OS

kreative
06-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks Leslie, the TW Review is still up on the webpage, so you wouldn't have to fax it to me. I just wanted some feedback if any members had experience w/ the racquet and could share their insights.

I appreciate all your guys responses. Anyone else care to share?

Steve Huff
06-06-2004, 09:57 AM
I string a couple of guys 95 sq in models. Fairly thin beam. All weigh between 9.7 and 10.1 oz strung. They must be in fairly high demand, as Wilson has reintroduced it.

perfmode
06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
I HATE it. It plays nice at high swing speeds but drop shots, volleys and drop volleys are the suxor. Just bought two diablo's and thinking about buying a third in the next few days.