PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Radical Tour vs. Liquidmetal Radical

stephan edberg
01-09-2006, 02:53 PM
What are anybodys thoughts on the Flexpoint Radical Tour racquet? I demoed it. Slice was excellent. Is this a racquet worth getting to know better? Has anyone felt as good of a slice on the backhand side as this racquet has?

Marius_Hancu
01-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I was disappointed to see FP Tour didn't get great reviews at all here:

Disappointing rackets for 2005
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=80495

but that's it ... better be warned.

TennisMD
01-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I disagree, first off it is an extremly comfortable rkt, I have had elbow issues and have played hrs on end , reptitive days and I am not a kid and not a hint of a problem. I find it very flexible maybe what some do not like but connct with the sweet spot, decent size, for a players rkt and the ball is very crisply struck. So I say demo you may be suprised.

Ljubicic for number1
01-10-2006, 03:21 AM
I am loving my FXP. I still get a bit of t elbow but I get it with any racquet.

John.

wally
01-10-2006, 03:54 AM
I am really enjoying the FXP Rad Tour. Good controllable pop, fairly comfortable, excelent spin and for me a great serving racquet with good power and spin both kick and slice. For me Poly strings to not work well in this racquet. For the the poly string 'deaden' the feel of the racquet and steal some of the pop. right now I'm using 16g Wilson reaction at 60lbs and getting 4-6 weeks per string job playing 3-4 times per week.

I think its worth a look see or if you will at least a couple of dates

datsveryinterestin
01-10-2006, 06:04 AM
I am also a BIG fan of my FXP Tour racquets.
I demoed a lot of 100" headsize frames after using a bunch of 90" or less frames.
It serves a TON... I get a heavy ball that kicks off the court. I swear I am using the same motion, but never has a ball exploded off the bounce like it does with the FXP Tour.
My 2hbh is much better... the bigger sweetspot and solid weight have helped with that. I have a Lux poly hybrid in it, and it feels great for about 2 days... but quickly gets boardy and dead. I think I might have to switch back to FXP or Gosen JC strings.

Anyway, I don't know why people complained about this racquet. My only guess is that some that wanted a 16x19 Radical bought it, and they didn't factor in that this is an old school 12+oz players stick.
It does make a weird ping noise, but a rubberband fixes that.

Anyway, I like it MUCH better than the O3 Tour and a lot of other current frames. It is a sweet racquet, and I got my set of racquets for so cheap it is a joke! call around... you'll be surprised!

stephan edberg
01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I am also a BIG fan of my FXP Tour racquets.
I demoed a lot of 100" headsize frames after using a bunch of 90" or less frames.
It serves a TON... I get a heavy ball that kicks off the court. I swear I am using the same motion, but never has a ball exploded off the bounce like it does with the FXP Tour.
My 2hbh is much better... the bigger sweetspot and solid weight have helped with that. I have a Lux poly hybrid in it, and it feels great for about 2 days... but quickly gets boardy and dead. I think I might have to switch back to FXP or Gosen JC strings.

Anyway, I don't know why people complained about this racquet. My only guess is that some that wanted a 16x19 Radical bought it, and they didn't factor in that this is an old school 12+oz players stick.
It does make a weird ping noise, but a rubberband fixes that.

Anyway, I like it MUCH better than the O3 Tour and a lot of other current frames. It is a sweet racquet, and I got my set of racquets for so cheap it is a joke! call around... you'll be surprised!

stephan edberg
01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I was surprised at how much power the Tour had. I felt as if I had to let up on my swings to keep it in play. I don't hit with a lot of topspin, so that may be a key reason. The weight is a big difference as well. I played with the Wilson 5.0 hypercarbon years ago and it didn't feel nearly as heavy as the Tour does. Anyhow, I don't know if I should pick it up again. It did have the sweetest slice on the backhand side that I have ever experienced.

vinky
01-10-2006, 01:06 PM
I really like the FP Rad tour, as it was comfortable and a bit more powerful than the LM rad tour, while having a higher spin potential. It would be my racket of choice, except I prefer dense string patterns over open.

Roy
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
The FXP tour is great. I changed from FXP OS since it couldn't give enough spin. I'm now using TiMo 18 at 61 pounds. The feeling is good although TiMo strings tend to move compared with the Lux original but it's easier on the arm.

ALU power lacks the feel.

Anyone suggest other suitable Lux BB strings for the racket.

eggnog
01-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I am another fan of the FXP Tour. To answer your question, I would say the Prestige is closer the FXP tour than the radical is and it is my backup until I find a second FXP Tour. I have all three in MP size. It is a very comfortable racquet. I have never had arm problems with it. My groundies and serve have all improved with this racquet. Volleys are okay but I think I just have to practice more and strengthen my arm.

vinnier6
01-11-2006, 06:47 AM
to tame the power in the fp tour radical, stirng it up in the top of its range...

stephan edberg
01-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the the idea. I felt the potential. I just have to tame the power.

kaztennis
08-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I love my Flexpoint Radical Tour too although I like the Liquidmetal Radical MP as well.