PDA

View Full Version : Are we ill?

Aykhan Mammadov
01-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey boys, does our long-term participation at this forum somehow mean an illness ?

fishuuuuu
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
The real question here is, how does it not?

FlagrantFoul
01-10-2006, 02:19 PM
I'll let you know after a thousand posts.

Jonnyf
01-10-2006, 02:19 PM
i have now idea what you're taling about. Orite ou mean mentally ill no i dont think so

Docalex007
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I've actually improved as a human since joining this forum. Though I'm not sure if the two are related. I have thick skin and don't let forum disputes get to me. :D

killer
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I feel like I've given myself an opportunity to engage what was once the biggest part of my life after a lengthy break. I had to stop playing about 10 years ago due to serious injury, and didn't even pick up a tennis racquet until a year and a half ago. Now I play once a week (can't play more because of the availability of indoor courts in this one-horse town!), much more in the summer, and feel as though I'm a much more satisfied and complete person than I was when i didn't have tennis in my life.

Aykhan Mammadov
01-11-2006, 09:56 AM
The forum became necessary part of my life as a drinking of water or similar. Not-not, but at least for 5 minutes I must visit the forum every day. I'm afraid I started become dependent on the forum and it is some kind of mental illness.

Dedans Penthouse
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey boys, does our long-term participation at this forum somehow mean an illness ?
Yes, and thank goodness it does! Now Physician: go heal thyself! :-)

Aykhan Mammadov
01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
There is good method to fight with this illness. Just try doping - and u'll be banned for 2 years.

raftermania
01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
You know you're a redneck, er, I mean you know you're a sick tw poster if you continue to post and post and post about the same player or same topic, over, and over, and over again.

So, I hear Patrick Rafter is the greatest man to ever live, agree?

oscar_2424
01-11-2006, 06:21 PM
it means we are bored and dont have nobody to paly with at the moment

nViATi
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
The real question is if Aykhan is mentally ill.

Noelle
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
You know you're a redneck, er, I mean you know you're a sick tw poster if you continue to post and post and post about the same player or same topic, over, and over, and over again.I would add to that statement "...without having anything new or insightful to say." :|

safin_protege
01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't think it has Aykhan. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but you ever been to the Rostropovich Home Museum that is located in Baku?

Dedans Penthouse
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
I would add to that statement "...without having anything new or insightful to say." :|
I have a crush on you Noelle :-)

Noelle
01-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Well I'm sure we're all aware of our Mutual Admiration Society, my dear DP. :D

Aykhan Mammadov
01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Raftermania, I love u because of yr new avatar. There is addition in the camp of fans of my favourite players. Now raftermania really appreciated this huge talent.

I don't want to suggest u also to change yr name.

raftermania
01-14-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't want to suggest u also to change yr name.

Let's not get greedy now.

hummer23
01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Let's not get greedy now.

Raftermania,

just curious, have you ever met Pat Rafter?

raftermania
01-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Raftermania,

just curious, have you ever met Pat Rafter?

In a few dreams, ya.

He does not have much of a presence in the media these days, so it's hard to be as much of a fan as I was back in the good old days. Of course he's still my favourite player of all time.

Aykhan Mammadov
01-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Of course he's still my favourite player of all time.

Why of course and why is he yr favourite player? Didn't he win GS only 2 times and both in USA ? Maybe u love him because of his modest character ?

raftermania
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Yes, he was still a great player. But it was his personality that drew me towards him. Plus, he's really talantic player huh Aykhan???

Aykhan Mammadov
01-15-2006, 02:21 PM
What in particluar in his personality did draw u towards him? Can u answer more detailed, I really didn't watch him a lot.

Drop_Shot
01-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey raftermania,

Do you think Fabrice Santoro has a problem with his sexuality ? Is he batting for the right team ?

raftermania
01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Aykhan,

In my formulative years of tennis, I was drawn toward Rafter firstly because his results. I caught on after his US OPEN wins. He was a winner, but more importantly, he was also very humble about it. In interviews he did not come off as somebody who looked down on everybody (despite how high his celebrity status was). Pat was very down to earth and he sort of let you love him. I'm not the only fan of Pat's, he was very popular because of his benevolent traits.

"Sorry Mate" That was classic, and I admit I would yell that out after many errant service tosses. Aykhan, if you've never seen his matches, Pat would say "Sorry Mate" to his opponents after flubbing a ball toss, which usually happened at least once a match to the delight of the crowd. I had a really bad temper when I was young, so watching him on tv and the professional way he portrayed himself really encouraged me to change my ways (Watching mac on the delta tour did not help this).

Then there was his classic Wimbledon clashes with Andre Agassi. Raftermania was at it's peak during this time and was electric during the 2001 Wimbledon final against fellow nice-guy Goran Ivanisevic. I loved his game style, serve and volley. It was so graceful to watch. I can remember so many nights that I'd wrecked my back from trying to imitate his big back arching serve. I was absolutely in love with the amount of kick he got on his serves. The low camera angles at wimbledon were the best. You could see Rafter in the foreground whipping up the ball and then coming up on it with a violent force. The ball would clear the net by a good foot, looking to bounce conventionally, only to jump up and curve away from his opponent (usually Agassi or Sampras) and slam into the service speed display.

If you watched his matches and heard his interviews Aykhan, you would have a very hard time trying to dislike him. He really was infectious, but in the good way.

raftermania
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey raftermania,

Do you think Fabrice Santoro has a problem with his sexuality ? Is he batting for the right team ?

Hi Drop Shot, I don't think it really matters because he's hitting homeruns behind his back and with his eyes closed, and that's fun to watch. No, I have no idea and the fact really wouldn't change anything.

Aykhan Mammadov
01-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Rafter, I never told I dislike him. Usually I dislike a player not because he is not "the best ever", but because his some behaviours push me to dislike him.

I watched only 2 matches with Rafter: against Ivanicevic in W 2001 and against Chang in USO 97. I don't really remember the quality of his game ( if it were amazing I'd notice and remember that probably) , but I remember in the semi of USO he was without beard and much more nicer than when he was with a beard.

Despite I don't consider his results big at all - so many 2 times GS winners we know - but probably his results are remarkable because he won his 2 GS titles in 97,98 when Rios was there, Sampras, Chang, Agassi were live, Kafelnikov, Moya and Kuerten were alive there, so the company was really tough.

raftermania
01-17-2006, 01:01 PM
After seeing you slam your head into the ground for likely the 1000th time or more, i'm surprised by the intelligence of your posts Aykhan.

Aykhan Mammadov
01-17-2006, 04:13 PM
My head is like a tennis player, rafter. Both we beat something. They - balls, I'm - my head. More u are training - more professional and intelligent u become.

raftermania
01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Lesson learned from the Fanatic of Tennis. I will start my regimen of head beating tomorrow.