PDA

View Full Version : Fischer pro impact FT

iscottius
02-28-2004, 05:41 AM
I tried the pro #1 FT and found that it had very little power and a little hard on the arm elbow, I thought that the Pro Impact FT might be a better choice, more power and supposedly a more comfortable arm friendly frame. Has anyone played this racquet? can you comment on the Power Level compared to a PD, and the comfort/feel of the racquet.

Shane Reynolds
02-28-2004, 06:07 AM
I have this racquet and I like it quite a bit. It has power, but not like a PD+. It is quite comfortable, and it can sometimes feel heavier than it is. For a racquet on the player's side of tweener, it does not have great feel but I am not a "feel" player (or much of a player). In any event, I think you would like this racquet based on your comments about the Pro #1 FT. I am ready to try some other brands because Fischer does not seem to have any order to their racquet line and some of their newer racquets seem to sully the famous Fischer heritage. Did I mention the ridiculous ads?

iscottius
02-28-2004, 01:27 PM
What Grip size are you playing with? If you do change, I might be interested in buying your Pro Impact FT.

Iscottius

El Diablo
03-02-2004, 01:36 PM
I found this to be one of the stranger racquets I've tried - and I've tried many. Felt unstable despite the tacked-on shoe cleats they call a stability system, and swung heavier than I expected (and I tend to favor 12 ouncers, or thereabout). Very different from what I expected and hoped for.

iscottius
03-04-2004, 05:04 PM
El Diablo,
Thanks, I demoed it this week and liked some aspects of the racquet, spin potential, served well, but overall something was off. The racquet was not stable, despite the technology, and did not have great feel. The string bed is open and tensioned lower, the ball did "dwell" and created some of the best topspin that I have hit with, but the feel was off. Fischer racquets spec out like they would have more pop--16x19, 102 sq. in, 23/25 mm beam, low tension 55, but still relatively low power and feel. Sticking with the PK 7G...

Iscottius