PDA

View Full Version : absorb-mor

newbie123
06-05-2004, 05:42 PM
DOes anyone use the overgrip absorb-mor? Its really a great overgrip. I found it at Big 5. It seems that few people know about it or use it. Its really cheap...$2.95 for a 3-pack. I think it's better than Wilson Pro Overgrip. Its got good tack and comfort. But most of all....the tackiness remains for the longest time...With Wilson Pro Overgrip...the intial feeling is very nice. However, it loses its tackiness over time. The absorb-mor feels nice and firm even after several days of playing. It's also very durable as in it wont tear quickly. I highly encourage everyone to try it.

jayserinos99
06-05-2004, 09:35 PM
it took a while for someone to post on this. i've been using this grip for a while now (since 1995) and everything you've said about it is true. the only gripe someone may mention is that it's thicker than the wilson or yonex. but it's a small price to pay for that grip. my favorite colors are black and blue.

neutral
06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
I also use this grip and I also buy them at Big 5. Only complaint I have is that they fall a bit short on my racquet. Other than that, they're great.

jayserinos99
06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
neutral, are you using an extended length racquet? i usually have a lot left over when i do my grips.

neutral
06-17-2004, 09:04 PM
I use 4 5/8 grip size so that may be why I come short and I also stretch as little as possible to maintain as much cushion as possible.

kreative
06-18-2004, 12:47 PM
it is a bit thick, and it's not as cushy as the wilson pro, nor as tacky as the yonex grap, so i prefer those 2 over the absorb-mor. moreover, the backside of the absorb-mor is really really dry, pretty much unusable for me, whereas i can use the backsides of the wilson or yonex overgrips with no problems. 2 for the price of 1. 8)

jayserinos99
06-19-2004, 07:13 AM
neutral, i have a racquet w/ a 5/8 grip and it comes up fine for me. i guess i don't overlap my grip that much so i end up with a lot of left over grip.

newbie123
06-19-2004, 11:41 AM
ya, I have to overlap only 3/4 of a cm when I use the absorb mor on a 4 5/8 grip racquet. I love this grip....been using it for over 20 hours now and it still has decent tack.