PDA

View Full Version : Any durable syn guts?

asintu
01-14-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm probably gonna go down in durability from poly since I don't like the feel and tension drops. The obvious next step is syn guts:

Which ones are the most durable and don't move a lot?

meh
01-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Gosen Proform Tuff 15L
For more standard 16/17 gauge: PSGD, Klip Kicker, Forten Sweet are most durable IMO.

netman
01-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Gosen Sheep Micro 17 has good durability for a 17. I usually have to cut it out before it breaks (I'm not a big spin hitter). Plus its so cheap you can afford to restring more often.

-k-

Richie Rich
01-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm probably gonna go down in durability from poly since I don't like the feel and tension drops. The obvious next step is syn guts:

Which ones are the most durable and don't move a lot?

That's a tough one. What racquet are you using and what poly are you switching from?

diredesire
01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
That's a tough one. What racquet are you using and what poly are you switching from?

Agreed, needs more info. This is a tough question to answer, since the durability is typically a big drop. The (somewhat) other options you have are going to a poly ribbon string such as isospeed or head's intellistring/rip control et al.

That would be an alternative, although they have a bit of an initial tension drop off, they remain pretty steady after that.

TheRed
01-19-2006, 12:30 AM
gamma marathon

asintu
01-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Agreed, needs more info. This is a tough question to answer, since the durability is typically a big drop. The (somewhat) other options you have are going to a poly ribbon string such as isospeed or head's intellistring/rip control et al.

I'm swithcing from all polys

diredesire
01-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Does that mean you're willing to move up in gauge to a thicker string? Gamma Marathon DPC as suggested above is reputed to be a fairly durable string for the construction type, but durability comes at a price ;)

The "poly" ribbon strings aren't exactly like a poly, they play more close to a firm syn gut. This is due to the fact that "poly" typically refers to a very large variety of materials, the "poly"s that we know typically come from "polyester" where as the fiber/ribbon strings are typically made up of polyolefin