PDA

View Full Version : tour 90 - asian version ?!??

touchytennis
06-06-2004, 02:54 AM
i was just in the shop today (i live in hong kong) looking around for the tour 90, and i saw that on the racket, it stated that the racket was 313 grams unstrung or something like that :S, is there an explanation to this and for someone who have tried both, what are the differences in playability, feel, power etc? my experience with my friends "asian" version tour 90 was that it was unstable.

Im guessing this will probably happen to the ncode when it gets to hong kong as well.. it'll probably weigh in at 310 grams or something :S so i was wondering which one should i get? I'm bout 5 foot 9, 140 pounds, do you think i should get an "asian" version ncode if it comes out, or should i go onto TW and order myself a 340 gram one?

THanks in advance!!!

touchytennis
06-07-2004, 12:49 AM
basically, is the weight a reason the racket is stable? and do u think i'll be able to swing it? im use to using a 330 gram racket.

activentures
06-07-2004, 04:09 AM
lighter rackets are traditionally more unstable. it wasn't the weight of the standard T90 that I did not like, but the distribution of that weight. i prefer the racket far less head light, closer to even balance, so i am considering buying the asian version as a lighter frame, and adding lead weight.

how much was it selling for??
are there any english language websites in hk selling these?
is the ncode out there yet? if so how much?

stevewcosta
06-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Don't buy the Tour 90. The balance is flawed. Wait for the new Ncode 90 or buy the 6.0 85. The 85 is much better than the T90.

touchytennis
06-07-2004, 07:32 AM
the tour 90 here is selling for about $141.00 to $160.00 US. The ncode isnt out yet. I heard it would be out around august. As for english language sites selling these in hong kong, i havent found any, they might be out there. Do you think i should get an asian version ncode if it comes out, or a normal 340 gram one? Im fine with a very headlight racket, it just depends which ones more stable to me.

destan
06-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Hi Stevewcosta,

What do you mean by the balance of T90 is flawed? Care to eloborate?

stevewcosta
06-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Well, I just couldn't get used to the T90's lack of maneuverability. You can feel all the weight at the throat which I hated. It is supposed to be a more user-friendly version of the 6.0 85, but for me it is much more cumbersome than the 85. I am an injured, out of practice 4.0, but I still feel comfortable w/the 85. Also, I ignored the 85 for 15 years because of the small head. That was a mistake and bought about 20 terrible racs. along the way until I tried the 85. Good luck.

touchytennis
06-08-2004, 02:20 AM
just found out the ncode asian version is gonna be 320 grams unstrung. Well atleast i think its gonna be. Explored the wilson japanese site to see if they had the specs on the asian tour 90 and it showed its weight as 313g. So im guessing the weight it showed for the ncode on its site (320g) would be the asian version weight. Anythoughts on whether i should choose a 320 gram or 340 gram one?