PDA

View Full Version : What's a "I can feel the ball" string to put in the Prince Diablo MP?

Alafter
01-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Today I just went to the court with my mom's Prince More Game MP (the stiff gold one). It was strung with 18 gauge Gamma Synthetic on main and 17 guage PSG on crosses, both at min tension (53 lbs). No vibration stoppers.

I was REALLY surprised, because this racquet felt GOOD with these strings. I have played this racquet before when it had kevlar in it and I hated it.

The good feeling was that for some reason when I contact the ball, I can almost feel the ball on the strings....and for some strange reason that made all the difference in my groundstroke--almost like i know where the ball is going on impact...which was like the racquet talking to me telling me how I should hit the ball.

My Diablo MP which Alu power rough in main/multifil in cross on the other hand, just doesnt do this. It's hard to tell what I am doing to the ball because I dont feel anything.

The only problem was that the More Game MP was hard to generate spin.

Anyways, is there a way to make my Diablo feel like that? Anyone here use the Diablo MP and can give me advice??

Richie Rich
01-15-2006, 07:13 AM
i think any good multi, and there are many, will give you a nice soft feel and great control. natural gut is the best but is expensive.

one of the best multi's i've played with is Tecnifibre x1 Biphase. Babolat Excel is good too. Others here like Wilson NXT but I find it loses tension too quickly. Tecnifibre nrg is also a good multi. going a little cheaper, i've had good hits with Wilson Reaction and Babolat Attraction, and Babolat Fibretour.

one caveat with the Diablo MP - it's a pretty open string pattern so if you hit with a lot of spin you may go through strings pretty quickly and it becomes very expensive. if this happens you can hybrid your multi with syn gut crosses.

Kcraig
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
bump (I know it is old!):)