PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Research: Elbow and shoulder safety ratings !

Crocodile
06-06-2004, 05:26 AM
I was just wondering whether anyone knows whether Wilmot is working on updating his web site for 2004. Would be interested to find out whether the current crop of racquets have improved especially now that the weight of most racquets have increased this year.

andirez
06-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Yeah, that would indeed be great. I would like to know though whether you guys believe them to be true or not and if you buy a racquet, do you use his 2002 list to verify the safety of a racquet.

For 2001 for instance, the Prostaff 5.0 gets a pretty high rating. A much higher one than I would give it due to its extreme stiffness (I had two but had to get rid of them because they were too harsh for me). Now playing with a ProKennex 5g and I couldn't agree more with its ranking.

Gaines Hillix
06-06-2004, 07:44 AM
I use the racquetresearch site as a guide line. I agree one has to use other factors, such as frame stiffness and the type of grip and string you're going to be using in your decision. I haven't heard anything about Wilmot updating it. I have my doubts. I can imagine he got tired of hearing all the criticism he was getting from people who didn't agree with his methods. IMO, his efforts should be applauded. The manufacturers and pro shops are never going to give you this kind of information.

andirez
06-06-2004, 08:49 AM
I use the racquetresearch site as a guide line. I agree one has to use other factors, such as frame stiffness and the type of grip and string you're going to be using in your decision.

I find the site extremely useful, but have learned from personal experience not to blindly trust on the rankings but instead carefully examining all the available data and details. It is a top notch resource for racquet information and honestly I still continu to buy frames which have 2002 stats at racquetresearch instead of going out and buying the newer ones.