PDA

View Full Version : Challenging to play volley, etc., properly w Lux Big B Alu P - alternative?

Carlsson
01-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I've tried Big banger Alu power rough. I strung it with low tension, and it was good for strokes where I hit the ball thoroughly like groundstrokes, serve and aggressive returns of serve. For these strokes it produced good pace, spin, and control. However when I did not hit the ball very much, like on some serve returns and on ex angle volleys I did not find BB AP rough very good - the ball sort of went dead into the net. And then the next time when you know this you try to put some more swing behind on these strokes and control is lost - did not like that.

Is there an alternative if I want to "keep" the power, spin and control on baseline, serve and aggressive returns, and at the same time get access to some "bounce" of the string bed at angle volleys, on defensive returns and when being late in corners, etc.? Another Luxilon string maybe?

Maybe I am asking for something that does not exist. If so, please tell me.

Richie Rich
01-15-2006, 01:30 PM
if you find the string that plays well on volleys and blocked shots you are probably going to give up some of the traits you like about alu power rough.

if you like ther string for most parts of your game and it performs well maybe it's your form that you need to work on? for those couple of shots anyway.

shsman2091
01-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Maybe try a hybrid with nat gut.