PDA

View Full Version : How to string aeropro control to avoid elbow and arm problem

zhukov97
01-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Can anyone kindly tell me how you strung your aeroprol control. I like the control of APC, but I get a little bit elbow and arm problem. Now I strung it with BB ALU at 49LB(main) and Titan Nature gut at 57Lb(cross). I feel good control and maybe a little bit not enough power.

Another question is how can I strung it to make it better in server?

I am the 3.5 baseliner, with 2 hand BH.

Any advice will be appreciated.

jtule
01-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I play with the same stick and I am also a 3.5 player. I use NRG2 17 gauge and string at 62 lbs. I can not tell you how to stop the arm problem as the stick is heavy and stiff. I guess you could try one of those arm friendly strings, but I think most of that is sales crap. For more power, try stringing at a lower tension. I had to play alot with string tension and type of string to really get the best out of the racket. My suggestion is to start playing around with tension and string to get the right feel. Also, if you are not hitting the sweet spot on the racket it is going to vibrate alot in my opinion...

Hope that helps

Steve Huff
01-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Be glad jtule isn't your stringer. There are a lot of strings that are easier on your arm than the Lux (even with Nat. Gut crosses). If you're serious about getting rid of arm problems, drop the polyester strings. Use a multifiliment string or nat. gut. Of course, it could be your technique too. Check with a good pro. But definitely, get a softer string.

EsteroTennis
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
I play with the same racquet and was using ALU BIG BANGER in it.....a few months ago, I switched over to UNIQUE BIG HITTER 17guage polyester strings. The BIG HITTER plays extremely similar to the ALU and is a bit softer. BIG HITTER is about 1/2 the price as the ALU and in my opinion a better string (considering comfort and easy on the elbow).

Zverev
01-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Can anyone kindly tell me how you strung your aeroprol control. I like the control of APC, but I get a little bit elbow and arm problem. Now I strung it with BB ALU at 49LB(main) and Titan Nature gut at 57Lb(cross)....
I have never played with APC but 49lbs mains and 57lbs crosses sounds very unusually to me.
Aren't the crosses supposed to be strung at a lesser tension, say, couple of pounds less?
It might pay to replace ALU with another control string but a bit friendlier on the arm, say Head RIP Control 16 in mains at 55lbs and your Titan for cross at same 55lbs.