PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricance in Ncode 6.1 95

danlalane
01-16-2006, 04:07 PM
I recently purchased a n6.1 and am going to to try pro hurricane in the mains and a synthetic gut in crosses based on a recommendation I read here. What tension should I try for each?

danlalane
01-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Should I go 17 or 16? Does 16 sacrafice feel/spin?

Jon Hampton
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
The n6.1 is a stiff racket...a really stiff racket. I've heard of people using pro hurricane with it; in fact, I used it for a good 4 months. Only two drawbacks: loses tension wayyy too fast and creates one of the stiffest string beds possible.

If you're heart is set on a pro hurricane/syn. gut combo, go 17 gauge on the pro hurricane and 16 on the syn. gut. As far as the tension, set it to whatever you're used to and make adjustments from there. Personally, I'd raise the pro hurricane a few pounds to compensate for tension loss.

danlalane
01-17-2006, 03:54 PM
I have tried BB rough in the past on a wilson surge and had the same problem with loss of tension. I heard the pro hurricane might be better. So now you use Prince Synthetic Duraflex on the racket and it is okay? What lese have you tried?

fruit_bearer
01-23-2006, 01:41 PM
i have the same racquet, and i had the hurricanes in there for a while. this is/was just my experience, but i didn't think it lost tension that fast - i didn't think it was any faster than psgd that i had on there before.

the hurricanes broke before i felt like they were too loose. i'm looking for something else, as the hurricanes were WAY too stiff for my tastes.

gscone
01-23-2006, 01:45 PM
I recently purchased a n6.1 and am going to to try pro hurricane in the mains and a synthetic gut in crosses based on a recommendation I read here. What tension should I try for each?

I have a similar set of strings,Pro Hurricanes with VS touch...Plays awesome and good feel.