PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Tennis Tutor Owners.

jbrooksgiu
06-06-2004, 02:54 PM
I am a fairly new owner of a Tennis Tutor and was wondering how many hours of play are you getting out of your machine? I have a TT2plus and I get about 45 minutes of use.

gmlasam
06-06-2004, 05:14 PM
I am a fairly new owner of a Tennis Tutor and was wondering how many hours of play are you getting out of your machine? I have a TT2plus and I get about 45 minutes of use. I use my tennis tutor for about 2 hours, and I still have enough charge to go for another hour or two. I have the model 2 which has the heavy duty battery for up to 4 to 6 hours of play.

Ballmachine
06-08-2004, 04:31 AM
You're battery is not lasting like it should. I have the tennis tutor jr., and the battery lasts for 2 hours. The machine you have probably has a bigger battery, and should last at least 4 hours.

djbrown
06-08-2004, 06:42 AM
would agree with the above. Something is wrong with your battery. I'd give SportsTutor a call and see what they suggest. They've been very helpful when i've contacted them in the past.

orange223
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
2 y/o tennis tutor II w/heavy duty battery. I'm getting about 4-5 hours.

jbrooksgiu
06-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I called sports tutor and they are sending a new battery. They said that the batteries sometimes go bad while the unit sits on the shelf awaiting purchase. They were very helpful and nice.

orange223
06-09-2004, 05:16 PM
I just bought mine from a friend over Memorial Day weekend. Am using it 2-3 times a week in the mornings before work.

Dude didn't have the owner's manual, so I just called Sports Tutor and asked if they could mail me one. Had to leave a message. Maybe they'll come through.

shissncg
06-26-2004, 06:02 AM
I have a 3p, was getting about 3 or so hours when it was new. After the 2nd year the battery died (lasting about 30 min). I replaced it and got the 3 or so hours again.

JakeJr
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Now I'm only getting less than half-hour before the balls won't even clear the net, so I know it's time for a new battery. Has anyone tried using a deep cycle, sealed motorcycle-sized battery to get longer play time?

I did some measurements on my Tennis Tutor Jr and a battery with a height of about six inches can be fit in the stock location. From the information I've found on the internet many batteries intended for other applications can fit inside the TTJ case and offer a long AH rating.

BTW, does anyone know what the specs of the stock Tennis Tutor Jr battery are? No, not the physical measurements (I can get those from my present battery).

Thanks,

Jake

Court_Jester
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Dude didn't have the owner's manual, so I just called Sports Tutor and asked if they could mail me one. Had to leave a message. Maybe they'll come through.
You're not missing much. Their manual is pretty scant. Four pages with big typeface. Not that you need it, really.

louis netman
04-10-2006, 11:19 PM
The AC ones are much better....

Court_Jester
04-11-2006, 08:51 AM
The battery operated models are weak, IMO. The AC ones are much better....
That's true and they're also cheaper but realistically, how many public courts have AC outlets? There are five facilities that I have access to and only one (with four courts) has an AC outlet but it's not open after school or on weekends. That's why I opted for the battery-only model (ProLite).

JakeJr
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Just and UpDate:

I called Sports Tutor today and learned that the Heavy Duty battery will not fit the Tennis Tutor JUNIOR model. I believe the ProLite falls into the same category.

So I'm left with the options of buying a replacement STANDARD battery OR opting to buy a Deep Cycle high AH 12V auto battery and adapting the spade connectors to mate to the JR. Bet I'll get plenty of play-time if I go that route.

I could buy a full size auto battery that is (1) Deep Cycle, (2) Sealed, and has a (3) Carry Handle then set it on the ground behind the ball machine and hit to my heart's content.

Jake

tennis-skater
04-11-2006, 01:43 PM
I am thinking about getting a prolite tennis tutor junior.
I want to hear from people who have them, are they good machines?

JakeJr
04-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I am thinking about getting a prolite tennis tutor junior.
I want to hear from people who have them, are they good machines?

I've had a Tennis Tutor Junior for about 5 years with no problem.

Battery life depends on how often the Standard battery has to be re-charged. You'll know when it's time to replace the battery when playing time begins to fall off noticably. Using the oscillator feature eats into play time since the battery has to provide more current to operate the wheels AND the oscillator.

BTW, the heavy duty battery will not fit the JUNIOR according to Sports Tutor, so I opted for the optional External Battery Pack ($129.99) which gives me enough playing time to completely exhaust myself.

Removing seven philips head screws from the base allows easy access to the interior for cleaning the ball fuss that accumulates. I use coarse grit sand paper to roughen up the wheels to give a better grip on the balls.

I use JUGS pressureLESS balls in the machine since they play close to standard balls and last for years.

I didn't want the spin/remote/etc. features and for the price, it's a great machine. In addition, Sports Tutor provides GREAT service; last month, when they cracked, Sports Tutor replaced the four, white plastic swivel covers for free; didn't even charge for shipping.

Just my experience.

Jake

tennis-skater
04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok, what about silent partner machines?