PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon BBALUP16L Hybrid Users.....

TripleB
01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
What do you use as your cross string with the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L mains?

I know I probably asked this several months ago but I thought some of you might have changed since then.

I'm currently using Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16.

TripleB

mista-k
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM
What do you use as your cross string with the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L mains?

I know I probably asked this several months ago but I thought some of you might have changed since then.

I'm currently using Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16.

TripleB

I currently Use BDE 17 gauge gut....awesome touch and power...both 55lbs

The other racquet has Big Hitter 17 gauge...also an awesome combo (cheaper alternative)-although you might want to break it in first...both 55lbs

all applies to a OS liquidmetal (not FLEXPOINT)

Gaines Hillix
01-18-2006, 07:13 AM
BBB, I'm using whatever 16g nat gut I have on hand with my ALU hybrid(ususally Klip Legend or BDE Perf). I string them both at 58 lbs C.P. in a PK Laver S.

TripleB
01-18-2006, 07:46 AM
BBB, I'm using whatever 16g nat gut I have on hand with my ALU hybrid(ususally Klip Legend or BDE Perf). I string them both at 58 lbs C.P. in a PK Laver S.

Thanks Gaines....I think I still have a set of the BOW brand natural gut I purchased before they increased the price by $7. I'll go back and give it a shot. With the price increase though I may have to revert back to a synthetic after that set goes - I'm thinking either Yonex Tour Super 850, Yonex Tour Super 880 Ti Soft, or Gosen OG Jim Courier Micro. My Nano Speed RQ7 had an all Tour Super 850 string job in it and I liked it pretty good and played excellent with it but it just didn't quite feel like my Luxilon BBALUP hybrid (a slight lack of topspin seemed to be the main problem but slice was incredible with it). Thanks for the response.

TripleB