PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Surge

Kirko
06-06-2004, 03:11 PM
was playing tennis saturday & next to me were a guy & a girl abt. 18 yr. they were very good 5.0 . I was amazed @ the topsin & lenght of their shots , serves were there also every element of their game sparkled ! We finished @ the same time had to ask if they had done anyhting to their rackets {surge} no off the shelf no mods. @ at all . maybe there is something to a 11 oz. frame. got me thinking .

NoBadMojo
06-06-2004, 05:28 PM
well they were just good players having very little to do with their axe. the surge is a pretty good frame i think though....good power fairly stiff easy spin, good control , customizable, solid, etc. Ed

barry
06-08-2004, 04:59 AM
I have been using the Surge 5.1 for the last couple of weeks and am very impressed. Seems like a solid frame. I use 4 1/2 grip strung at 54 with Gosen Polylon and each racket weighs 11.4 ounces with an over grip. Ti.Radicals is 11.5 strung.

Very solid on serves, overheads and volleys. Frame is not as stiff as many of the newer rackets and has more feel. I switched from a Ti.Radical MP and the Surge is similar only has a more open string pattern (16 x 19) verses (18 x 20) which adds a little pop to the shots.
Rackets I recently tested include the Wilson H tour, Wilson tour 95, Prince NXG mid, Prince Diablo, Lm Radical, and LM prestige. All the frames were to stiff for my game and I prefer 5-point head light frames.