PDA

View Full Version : Tension drop from Luxilon to Signum

burgerks
01-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Just curious, if anyone changes tension for different poly's
thanks

KickServer
01-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I usually drop tension about 10% when using Big Banger ALU Power compared to using synthetic gut (from 62 to 56). With SPPP 17 ga, I would usually only go down about 5%. Even with less tension drop, it still will not feel as harsh as the ALU Power.

Russell Finch
01-18-2006, 04:51 AM
I dropped from 55 with timo 18 to 50 with poly plasma - at 55 the plasma had noticeably less power. At 50 there's a bit more so I'll go 51 or 52 next.

Gaines Hillix
01-18-2006, 06:01 AM
IMO, SPPP is a softer feeling and more powerful than ALU when strung at the same tension. I drop ALU by 10% vs my usual tension for a syn gut or multi, but only 5% on the PPP.

Midlife crisis
01-18-2006, 03:06 PM
IMO, SPPP is a softer feeling and more powerful than ALU when strung at the same tension. I drop ALU by 10% vs my usual tension for a syn gut or multi, but only 5% on the PPP.

I've just put SPPP back into my primary racquet and strung it at the exact same tension that I use with PSGD. It feels the same for soft to medium hitting as PSGD, but firms up more when swinging hard. Based on this experience and the lack of directional consistency I had when I dropped tension by 5% the last time I strung SPPP in this racquet, I'd suggest a 5% tension drop coming from a multi and using the same tension if coming from a synthetic gut or another poly.

With everyone's slightly varying experiences, it'll probably take a couple of stringings to get it just right, but with SPPP, it is **VERY** nice when it is just right.

BrreakPoint
01-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Months ago, I switched from ALU BIG BANGER to UNIQUE BIG HITTER (17gauge) after reading posts on BIG HITTER. The posts were extremely accurate stating that BIG HITTER has the same general play as the ALU BIG BANGER with BIG HITTER having more comfort/softness. I actually like BIG HITTER better than the ALU.......especially since its about half the price !

I didn't know about SPPP at that time......sounds like SPPP plays very much like UNIQUE BIG HITTER ?

Does anybody out there have a comparison of SPPP and BIG HITTER ?