PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 400 G

jack mckinney
06-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Has anyone used this racquet? What was your opinion of how it played? Thanks Jack

Goalier95
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Jack,

I purchased this model a year ago after a long hiatus from tennis and I fell in love with it after the first week of playing the demo. The touch, control and power of the 100sq. inches is remarkable for this racquet. But..... after I played more singles and tougher matches, I couldn't get the "ooomph" I needed from this light stick. I eventually grew out of this frame because it was too light for me and my loopy swings. I added lead tape on the head and it seemed to help but if you're like me, the light frame became too light at the baseline. On volleys, it's a dream - you'll be able to punch through a lot of shots. Right now I have found my dream racquet in the form of Dunlop's old Muscle Weave 200G in 100 size. It's heavier but my shots still have control. Good luck!

David Pavlich
06-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I really like the 400G. A little light, but I serve very well with it. The 16X19 string pattern combined with a 100 sqin head makes for good spin potential. Good flex, 64, I believe.

David