PDA

View Full Version : Nike Air Max Voltage?

Drizzt
06-06-2004, 09:49 PM
I was wondering if these shoes were very durable? Have any of the playtesters worn them? Ive been wearing the Nike Air Zoom Breathe frees and like everything excpet that the outsole has torn completley on the forefoot of my left shoe? What is a Nike shoe that has good traction yet good outsole durability? I was looking at the Nike Air Max Voltage and the Nike Air Court Motion Internationals?

TW Staff
06-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Drizzt,
I've worn the Air Max Voltage and think it make a great match day shoe. For training, the most durable Nike I've worn recently has been the Air Resolve. However, the fit of the Air Resolve is different to the Vapor S2, Breathe Free and Air Voltage. The Air Resolve fits true to size in length and has a wider fit. The Air Resolve offers good traction and durability. If you have a medium to wide foot you should really enjoy this shoe.

Hope this helps,
Chris, TW.

Drizzt
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks Chris. What about the Nike Air Court Motion's? Do they have a very durable outsole?

TW Staff
06-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Drizzt,
The Air Court Motions are also built with performance in mind. While all of the shoes mentioned offer excellent grip, cushion and comfort, if it is durability you're after, I'd go with the Air Resolve.
Chris, TW.

Drizzt
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Chris, Ive been looking at the Fila X-Point shoes and the TNX shoes and saw that they are both made using the Evergrind outsole. If they both use it then why don't the X-Points have a 7th-month guarantee? Also would on of these shoes have good traction and be durable (prefrably the X-Points)?

Drizzt
06-09-2004, 02:00 PM
I was wondering if you could also tell us what shoe you are reviewing now or are going to demo next?

TW Staff
06-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Drizzt,
We are currently working on the ClimaCool Feather review. It should be up in the next day or two. As for the Fila shoes, the TNX and the X-Point have a different make-up. The TNX is designed for durability with significantly more rubber and a beefed up toe area. Generally, the heaviest part of a shoe is the outsole. Most often, the more durable shoes have a little more heft to them. By looking at the weights we list for shoes you can get an idea of how much rubber you've got to burn through before the shoe is toast. We also try to make note of sturdy looking toe designs in our descriptions to help toe-draggers find durability. I've not played in either of the Fila shoes, but members of our staff have. I've heard good things about both. The X-Point seems to be a very good, lightweight performance shoe. Again, this one is designed for matches. The TNX makes a better choice if you are looking for a shoe that can handle long practice sessions and still deliver the good in matches.
Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Chris, TW.

Drizzt
06-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks Chris I have one more shoe that Im not sure if its a performance or if its durable enough? What about the Adidas Response 2 Plus? It says that its between a durability shoe and performance? Have you worn them?