PDA

View Full Version : Box Beam Tour 95

activentures
06-07-2004, 03:23 AM
I have heard that there are box beam versions of the Tour 95, is this true? Does anyone know where they are selling them?

T.J. Planas
06-07-2004, 06:19 AM
I thought the same thing, but I don't think its true. My understanding is that one TW customer pre-ordered and received a Tour 95 that turned out to be a box beam model. It was later determined that TW had received the single box beam Tour 95 as a mistake and that it, most likely, was a 6.0 95 with a Tour 95 paint job. It wasn't ever intended to go to the public.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken or misinformed.

T.J.

Baseline
06-07-2004, 10:49 AM
McDill --- T.J. is right. I'm one of the TW customers that got one of the "mistakes" sent out by Wilson. It appears to be a HPS Tour 95 with the Tour 90 cosmetics. It is a flat beam racquet and weighs about 12.4 0z. strung. When I got the letter from TW comfirming that it was, indeed, a racquet that was not intended for the general public, but was instead, made for some of the Wilson "pros", I cut the strings out of the racquet, and am not using it. I'll either keep it as a unique racquet or sell it if someone makes me an offer "I can't refuse".