PDA

View Full Version : Woofer stringing?

babar
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I am trying to find a soft feel and good ball pocketing off a AeroPro Drive. Does the woofer grommet system mean that I should string lower than I do (normally 58 lbs)? If so, what is the recommended range to maximize the woofer effect (same as for the Pure Drive, 50-55)? I will be using a basic multifilament like Sensation or Reaction by Wilson in a 16g. Do you think trying to hybrid the Sensation with a basic syn gut would help the dampen the stiffness of the frame? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Stan
01-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Huh? Hybrid with a stiffer string to dampen stiffness??? Doesn't make sense. Woofers are tricky to work with. Go with a string that holds tension so the woofers don't turn into trampolines.

Gaines Hillix
01-19-2006, 10:10 AM
babar, AFAIK, the tension range marked on all of the Bab frames with woofer grommets is the "woofer range." If the frame is strung within that range the woffer's will retain their pulley effect. If you go higher, then the effect is cancelled or greatly reduced. I don't recommend using a syn gut with Sensation or Reaction if you want to dampen the feel of the racquet. This will add to the stiffness of the string bed. Use an even softer string or reduce the tension.