PDA

View Full Version : Prince Diablo MP - .25" lenght difference

player69
06-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the .25" lenght difference on the Diablo MP. I've been using the Head LM Rad OS for about 2 summers now. Initially I thought I liked the racquet, but over the past year, it's been giving me alot of sholder and elbow problems. Though I think it has alot to do with the way I'm serving.

Anway, I'm contemplating on a new racquet. The Prince Diablo has had alot of good reviews on both the Mid and MP, but I haven't see much comments about the .25" lenght difference.

Prince Diablo or Wilson nCode?

tetsuo10
06-07-2004, 12:57 PM
I think it might make a difference depending on where you hold your racquet. Do you wrap your hand around the end of the handle? With the .25 difference, you wouldn't have to anymore. Otherwise, there might be a slight adjustment, but I think you would adjust pretty quickly.

Robert Jones
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I have a Diablo MP that I would be willing to part with. It has new strings too!

Pros: Great at net, Serves, power, looks, easy on the arm
cons: Too powerful for me.

I do like it for doubles.

As for the length difference I never even noticed while using it.

jonesrob@comcast.net

bee
07-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey, at the risk of sounding like a fanatic I will tell you I played with the Diablo Midplus and really found it to be tremendous for topspin forehands, but the slightly longer length is not good for my elbow and timing. I just really don't like that. I read where one guy purchased one and cut the extra lenth off down to 27" added weight to restore the balance and generally make it a bit more stable and he says he really likes it. So, I've ordered one and intend to do the same. I really like my Head Classic Midplus but I'm going to try the Diablo Midplus shortened down to 27". Should be fun.

Bee