PDA

View Full Version : V-Engine response predictable??

El Diablo
06-07-2004, 12:30 PM
With some 16 by 19 strung V-Engines just over the horizon, I'm thinking of trying them, as I'm one who's always found Volkls to indeed have a special feel and flex that works very well. I'm wondering about this anti-Yonex "non-isometric" format that one would think might make the response off the strings very unpredictable, with hot and cold spots. What are people finding in this regard with the ones currently available?

NoBadMojo
06-07-2004, 02:51 PM
hi there..i found the response on the v-engine 9 to be predictable..no hot spots. was surprised the sweetspot didnt seem to extend upward as volkl sez it does becase of the v-engine <not to me anyway>..my tour10mp's are much more responsive if you hit the ball higher in the hoop which is where the better players hit the ball. i thought the v-engine9's response above center was pretty dead. my .02. ed

Alley Cat
06-07-2004, 04:07 PM
The Tour 9 and Tour 10 V-Engines are completely different racquets. I found the Tour 9 to be whippy and a bit unstable; yet the Tour 10 V-Engine mid was a sweet frame. I am hoping that the open string patterned, miplus has that same feel. I previously played the original Tour 10's and believe that the V-Engine has an overall better feel with a bit more power.

womackD
06-07-2004, 08:44 PM
alley cat,

The V Engine 10 Midplus has similar feel to the Midsize, but does have more handle feedback, giving it a crisper feel and responce.. I agree with your statements about the VE 9, but the VE 10 MP is far superior in overall feel. Both VE 10's have renewed my faith in Volkl, and that faith has been really tested the past few years with the subpar sticks they were putting out..

larrhall
06-07-2004, 08:46 PM
I thought the V-10 response was perfectly consistent and the control was amazing. The feel is not what the C-10 gives you or, say, a Fischer VacPro 90, but, again, the control was great. Combined with the power it supplied, it's worth a demo.

It reminds me of the Bab Pure Control in that it results far exceed feel. Both are puzzling racquets in that way.

spinbalz
06-08-2004, 05:03 AM
womackD, can you tell us more about the T10 V-Engine Midplus?