PDA

View Full Version : PK Composite Dominator

netman
01-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Found an interesting vintage racquet. Its a Pro Kennex Composite Dominator Mid. Has a long oval/square head like a Yonex. Says it is made of 80% graphite and 20% fiberglass and utilizes a "unique foam core system". Has a 17mm beam and weighs 12.3 oz strung. Click here for a photo:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a287/K_K_Bucket/?action=view&current=ProKennexCompositeDominatorcopy.jpg

Looks like PK took the Yonex head shape and Dunlop foam core system and put them together to make this one.

Anybody have any history or play info on this frame?

Thanks
-k-

PBODY99
01-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Found an interesting vintage racquet. Its a Pro Kennex Composite Dominator Mid. Has a long oval/square head like a Yonex. Says it is made of 80% graphite and 20% fiberglass and utilizes a "unique foam core system". Has a 17mm beam and weighs 12.3 oz strung. Click here for a photo:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a287/K_K_Bucket/?action=view&current=ProKennexCompositeDominatorcopy.jpg

Looks like PK took the Yonex head shape and Dunlop foam core system and put them together to make this one.

Anybody have any history or play info on this frame?

Thanks
-k-

This one one of a range of frames from the 1980's, that were aimed at the Head Director. The 100% Graphite model along with the Metal and an even softer flex Bronze were the four differnt version I recall off the top of my graying head.
The mid size version is the Ace series Diamond (with Boron), Black ,Silver ,Composite and Bronze. The percentages of graphite was 100(Black) 80/20,60/40 &40/60 respectively.:cool:
There is a recent thread about the Diamond on this board.
I used the Silver ace for 4 years, and an open player in Middle states was able to keep 4 frames for 6 years with an average of 10 restrings per racket per season.:cool:

rick08
06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I used the composite dominator for 23 years, and an as infrequently player in Chicago was able to restring it twice.

Now that it's been restrung on Luxilon 16 and 17 big banger hybrid, the stringer said it should last another 40yrs. :shock:

The racket has great stability and control.