PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new racquet

Nas Eclipse
06-07-2004, 05:37 PM
currently i have a dunlop 300g midplus. I dont like it at all it seems a bit sluggish on the groundstrokes and it isnt that great at the net . Serves are okay on it. I play a baseline game and ever since i switched to the dunlop my game has gone down in the dumps a little. I like to hit forehands with a lot of spin or flat i can mix it up whenever i feel like it, same with my backhand. A am currently a 4.0-4.5 player. these are some racquet choices im thinking of demoing. Please give your opinions on these racquets if you've ever tried one, and if you have any other racquets you think would be good choices

Bab PD team +
Wison Nsix-one tour, and the 95
Yonex RDX 500 mid
Head Liqmet Prestige mid

Stitch626
06-07-2004, 05:53 PM
What do you mean by sluggish? If you mean it swings too heavy then the other rackets arent really going to do you any good...

Drizzt
06-07-2004, 06:25 PM
If you can handle the weight I would try the Yonex MP Tour-1 Mid instead of the RDX 500 mid but thats just me.

bendover
06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I currently use a Babolat PD+. Its a great racket, good feel and lots of power. The PD+ is a bit longer which is great for serving, very menuverable, and the groundstrokes are GREAT! I feel like i cant miss with this racket. I am a 5.5 player.

a verrry large duck
06-07-2004, 08:02 PM
if you feel the 300g was sluggish, the pure drive + will feel twice as sluggish. If you're looking to get the right feel for volleys those two wilsons are definitely your best bet. I get a feeling, if you've never tried a yonex, you will really like that yonex rdx 500. Most people who've never known yonex, really come to like it once they've tried it out. They're iso-whatever-head thing is really a great great idea. Tell you the truth, I've hardly hit with any yonex that I DIDN'T like.

ssjkyle31
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Have you thought of adding more weight to the 300g

Nas Eclipse
06-08-2004, 09:17 AM
i have tried adding weight and different string tensions but no luck.

phat
06-08-2004, 07:30 PM
You should also consider the price diablo mid, MP & pro kennex core1 #6, they excellent allcourt racquets.... diablo MP is easier to swing and more powerful, diablo mid & #6 is more solid with better control.

bendover
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
if you feel the 300g was sluggish, the pure drive + will feel twice as sluggish. If you're looking to get the right feel for volleys those two wilsons are definitely your best bet. I get a feeling, if you've never tried a yonex, you will really like that yonex rdx 500. Most people who've never known yonex, really come to like it once they've tried it out. They're iso-whatever-head thing is really a great great idea. Tell you the truth, I've hardly hit with any yonex that I DIDN'T like.

Sluggish?? How does it feel sluggish? I was sponsored by Yonex and hated the RDX line and V-con line so I switched to Babolat because of the power and feel. The only racket I like was the RD Ti-70.