PDA

View Full Version : My BB Alu Power rough hybrid is underpowered?

Mr Topspin
01-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey folks,

I recently tried a BB alu power rough hybrid with nat gut on the crosses. I went for 58/58 set up. The problem is it does not feel as powerful as the all alu set up I had at 58. I guess the nat gut is taming the power of alu power.

I want to get the same power i got from the all alu job in my hybrid without compromising power. I am just wondering if i should reduce the alu mains by 3lbs to say 55 mains and nat gut at 58. What do you folks suggest that would give the same pop as an all alu job in a poly/nat gut hybrid?

However, i don't want to go so low that i start feeling the infamous tramploine effect?

Onion
01-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Why not just string with all Alu then? You'll get your power back with the same tension and save money at the same time. Where's the need for nat gut?

Mr Topspin
01-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Why not just string with all Alu then? You'll get your power back with the same tension and save money at the same time. Where's the need for nat gut?

sorry i should have said full alu job hurts my arm as i suffer from TE. I dont have to use nat gut and i'm happy going for a decent syn gut so as long as i get close to the power of a full alu job.