PDA

View Full Version : Which racquet company will break through

Indy Tennis
01-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Which racquet company will grow in the next few years to challenge the big five (Prince, Head, Wilson, Babolat and Dunlop)?

Indy Tennis
01-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I vote Fischer since they have so many up-and-coming pros.

Pavel, Vik, Hrbaty, Baghdatis and Minar to name a few.

devilish_duke
01-22-2006, 01:23 PM
I say Yonex because their good are already used by many pros Like Hewitt and Hingis to name a couple. They seem to have some more exposure as well.

Donnie Darko
01-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Depends on which one of them has the deepest pockets for marketing programs. If one of those companies is going to step up, they are going to have to be willing to pay big sponsorship bucks and big bucks to market their racquets.

Are any of those companies a subsidiary of a large corporation that could help fund something like that? Babolat, for instance, is owned by Michelin......I don't know if any of the other companies have a rich parent company to help them out. That would be the easiest, quickest way for one of them to make a big jump.

AJK1
01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Dunlop in the big five? They just put everything on sale! With no new sticks in the pipeline from what i can see. My vote is for Yonex.

The Pusher Terminator
01-22-2006, 05:00 PM
yonex is one of the "big ones". Its at least as big as Dunlop...in fact I bet way more pro's play with Yonex than Dunlop.

ollinger
01-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Demographics....Yonex is Asia-based and that's where the market growth for tennis will be. Europe is nearly at zero population growth, and the US market has not been growing.
________
The View Condo Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

maconick
01-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Yonex is in the top 5 not dunlop u dum f u c k

galain
01-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Judging from their presence at the Oz Open this year it looks as though Fischer is set to have quite a visible year in 2006.

I really would like to see some pro's using Pro Kennex again as well.

jaap deboeck
01-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Fischer? Facts: Their U.S. market share rounded off is 0%. Schiavone just departed; Shaughnessy's singles career is about over and Groenefeld and Chakvadadze here have zero impact on sales. And Baghdatis wil leave for real $ if he continues winning. As for Yonex here, Babolat displaced them as Yonex is becoming a tiny bit player in the USA. There cannot be a #5 to challenge the "Big 4" because the market in the USA is moribund.

The Pusher Terminator
01-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Fischer? Facts: Their U.S. market share rounded off is 0%. Schiavone just departed; Shaughnessy's singles career is about over and Groenefeld and Chakvadadze here have zero impact on sales. And Baghdatis wil leave for real $ if he continues winning. As for Yonex here, Babolat displaced them as Yonex is becoming a tiny bit player in the USA. There cannot be a #5 to challenge the "Big 4" because the market in the USA is moribund.

YOUR A MORIBUND...LOL (SHEESH THATS SOME SATS WORD...WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MEAN?)

mentalgameofmarat
01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
YOUR A MORIBUND...LOL (SHEESH THATS SOME SATS WORD...WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MEAN?)

moribund- close to death or dying

Had to look it up...

Mr.Federer
01-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Yonex should be in the top 5 not dunlop...

Yonex players: Hewitt,Nalbandian,Ancic,Srichapan,Dementieva,Vaidi sova,Hingis

Dunlop players: tommy Haas,Tommy robredo,Amelie Mauresmo,Thomas Berdych

El Diablo
01-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I think you're looking at this from the wrong direction, as jaap hinted at above....the question should be which manufacturer will disappear or be acquired, not grow to challenge the big 5. The trend in all industries is acquisition and consolidation; seems silly to think this won't happen in recreation and sporting goods. Some serious economists have suggested that by the middle of this century all major business in the world will be owned by about 200 huge corporations. So let's rephrase the question -- who's going to be acquired and/or disappear?

marquette100
01-24-2006, 03:02 PM
ProKennex, is going to come on huge this year, make sure to check out the Heritage Type C and the Redondo. GREAT RACKETS!!!

vkartikv
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Are you refering to the US or in general? I know through some contacts that tecnifibre has already made its mark in Europe, it just has not caught up with the crowd here. Yonex is certainly in the top 5 both in terms of sales and players sponsored, especially women.

I'd really like to see more pros start using prokennex.

str33t
01-24-2006, 05:19 PM
yonex has lots of good players using their racquets i.e. hewitt, nalbandian etc.

Indy Tennis
01-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I noticed when 'Bag Daddy' made it to the Australian semis today the numbers for Fischer inched up.

TakeAHikeCharlie
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Yonex.....definitely!