PDA

View Full Version : Best glue to reattach rubber sole?

Onion
01-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Shoes are brand new, but at least 5 years old (no warranty). The side of the rubber part of the sole near the small toe peeled away from the foam underneath. What's the best glue to get these back in shape? Right now I can't change direction from left to right as the sole will fold under the shoe and slide. It only peeled back about a half inch under the bottom of the shoe.

Shoe Goo is the only one I even know of. Is that any good?

nViATi
01-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Try a hot glue gun. It might work

meh
01-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I used Gorilla Glue a couple times, then put the shoe in a C-clamp

PBODY99
01-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Shoes are brand new, but at least 5 years old (no warranty). The side of the rubber part of the sole near the small toe peeled away from the foam underneath. What's the best glue to get these back in shape? Right now I can't change direction from left to right as the sole will fold under the shoe and slide. It only peeled back about a half inch under the bottom of the shoe.

Shoe Goo is the only one I even know of. Is that any good?

It works as a patch more than a surface to dissimilar surface glue. How much are these shoes worth ? It is esay to have a major injury if your shoe delaminated at the wrong time. Be very careful. Ben Franklin would be a little over 300 today and said something about being penny wise.

devilish_duke
01-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Not that I can't think of any number of reasons for your attachment to the shoe, but I have to agree with PBODY. I've had my share of rolled ankles and shelling out the money for new shoes is a much better option than saving. Your rehab from a severely sprained ankle, health insurance or not, will make up the difference if u sprain it.

LudaKrisKG
01-23-2006, 09:50 PM
there is a glue that is designed for such a purpose
it's called
shoe glue
named appropriately
you can get it at your local shoe store

Douggo
01-24-2006, 07:23 AM
One more vote for "buy new shoes." The materials in the shoe degrade over time, regardless of use.

Ronaldo
01-24-2006, 07:51 AM
The absolute best IMHO is Kiwi Shoe Patch. Used it back in the days before 6 mos guarrantees and works well. Sell it at Walgreens

mctennis
01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Stuff called " Shoe Goo". It works great. It comes in a tube. Usually at a hardwear store. I bought mine there.

Sharkhark
01-28-2006, 12:02 AM
They sell in Canada a line of glue called 'goop'. Different types, shoe goop, ceramic repair goop etc.
Probably similar to the shoe glue everyones mentioning.
I just used the goop to repair my golf shoes, that separated just like yours near toe.
Neat thing is it dries to a clear, so invisible, plus it is hard but still flexible enough that it isn't brittle.
Good luck.
Cheers!

c_zimma
01-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Gorilla Glue. You can get in at ACE