PDA

View Full Version : ABOUT BABOLAT PURE STORM TEAM, anybody who uses it, is welcome.

SHUNGO
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Can you guys, who are using or have used this racqute, give me your coments about it, since on my place no demos are available, and racquet shopping is blinded option, so please your hlp is required.

Thanks.:)

Bottle Rocket
01-22-2006, 06:25 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=82063&highlight=Pure+Storm

I absolutely love this thing! The more I play with it the more I like it.

I have my strung with Luxilon original at 54 lbs and it really is a great combination. The Pure Storm demo I had was strung with some sort of nylon (Wilson NXT possibly) at 57-59 lbs and even with that it stood out above the rest of the rackets. Spin is great, just the right amount of power for me, and my volleys are solid. I have improved a lot with this racket and plan on using it for a long time into the future.

It sort of depends on your game though... How do you play? What's your best shot?

Tezuka Kunimitsu
01-22-2006, 07:00 PM
hey bottle rocket, Babolat Pure Control at 98 inch. I have tired the Pure control and it was so good for me. Nice power, nice control, and nice topspin. As I read your post, I had the same reactions to those rackets and I did not get to try Yonex because they do not have it at the local tennis store. But have you tried the Babolat Pure Control, I want to know the difference... obiviously more local store does not have the pure strom...

MikeMcKenzie
01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Nice racquet. Plays very well from all areas of the court. The Pure Storm is very maneuverable. I did have some arm problems with it due to the lightweight.

The racquet creates great spin on groundies and kick serves.

oscar_2424
01-22-2006, 07:18 PM
I use the PD but after a week of demo the pure storm, i might change

SHUNGO
01-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Thank you very much friends, specially to you Bottle Rocket, I read your previous thread and really helps me a lot, it seems you have passed almost exactly by what I haved, I was playing with the PD but my wrist hurted, switched back to my Volk T10 MP, and is OK but no winners with my drive and backhands are not so stable due to the thin beam surely, tried the Nsix-one, great racquet, but yes is too hevy, and again wrist pain was tehre, so after reading some reviews on TW about the Pure Storm, I was interested on it.

On my city, we play on clay, but we are at almost 10.000 feet above sea level, so you must be very fast sinced balls are a lot faster due to lack of oxygen, so a maneuverable raquet is a must, and if the raquet offers too much power balls will sail much more than at sea level, that happened with the PD, so I started to do weird movements with my wrist to keep the ball in, and pain developed as a tendinitis result.

I will get the Pure Storm, thank you again.

TripleB
01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
My thoughts are here: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/TRIPB01.html

TripleB

Swingman
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Shungo,

I demoed this racquet and it was just ok for me. Didn't do anything that well. The main complaint that I had was that it didn't feel stable when returning heavy (hard hit) balls. I could have played around with lead tape but at $180 (US) I didn't bother. I could get 2 Dunlop 300s for similar performance.

hadoken
01-23-2006, 12:40 PM
I use it, the Orange one. I'd say that it's "OK", but not very useable in stock form. The Pure Drive feels much more solid and I like the balance of it better, but I didn't like the idea of such a stiff racquet so I went with the PS. I have lead tape running the length of the pallet, as well as the 1,5, 7 and 11 positions. Adding weight at the corners has really increased it's hoop stability and making it more HL makes it feel more mobile. Babs are still too stiff for me though...I would want more flex to improve feel.

Bottle Rocket
01-23-2006, 01:14 PM
I never got a chance to try the Pure Control. A lot of people prefer it over the Pure Storm and the main reason is because of weight. I think if you added some weight to the Pure Storm in the right places you would have an identical racket...

I think of the Pure Storm as being a slightly softer and less powerful version of the Pure Drive. I felt like I could control things much better, including volleys.

SHUNGO
01-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, thank you all, TripleB, yhour review plus the additional one on the TW pages where mostly what made me decide to buy one of this PS, just one question, how do you make a raquet more HL if needed?, this because you also mention is not so HL, is it possible to improve this feeling?

misterg
01-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Shungo, The pure Storm is a very good all around racquet. Good pop and control, average spin, very good confort. It is also very very close (see the specs.) to the Babolat Pure COntrol Zylon, IMO it is the same racquet in a new paint yob. I played with both. So if you have possibility pick the Pure Control Zylon, it schould cost less...

marquette100
01-24-2006, 02:57 PM
racket is average at best. Stick to HEAD frames, the best in the U.S.

donnyz89
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I love this racquet, but we cant speak for you, you have to demo it yourself. dont let the fact we think its good fog your judgement when you get the racquet. DEMO it, dont listen to us. whats good to us is not the case for you.

str33t
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
cant wait to demo it