PDA

View Full Version : Good 17g strings for Flat strokes???

smackadog
01-22-2006, 06:19 PM
hi, im a player who hits bascially all flat strokes... im currently using prince syn gut duraflex 17g on my head flexpoint radical mp... looking for a better string. any recommendations would be helpful.

Valjean
01-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Gosen's OG Sheep Micro JC. The 17's still around, if pretty hard to find, but the 16's actually a 16L...

PBODY99
01-22-2006, 08:00 PM
hi, im a player who hits bascially all flat strokes... im currently using prince syn gut duraflex 17g on my head flexpoint radical mp... looking for a better string. any recommendations would be helpful.

Softer, try a multifilament in the same gauge.

Midlife crisis
01-22-2006, 08:45 PM

Better in what way? What doesn't your current string do for you?

smackadog
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
just wondering if there is a string that is suited more to flat groundies. im not feeling any pop from the string anymore, time to switch it up a bit.

Midlife crisis
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
just wondering if there is a string that is suited more to flat groundies. im not feeling any pop from the string anymore, time to switch it up a bit.

In that case, I'd agree with pbody99 and suggest a multifilament, or if you want to go for the most pop, go for gut.

My wife hits the ball almost totally flat and loves the X1 biphase I put in her racket. Though that's a string that's known to fray fairly easily, it has held together for her for quite a while with no loss in playability.

smackadog
01-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions so far

SteveI
01-23-2006, 03:46 AM

This might be too simple..maybe drop the tension on the duraflex or just move to PSG without the duraflex. About the same price.. just more playable and more pop. The PSGD is a dead feling string in general..combine that with the tight string pattern and smallish head size.. equals low power.

Happy Hunting!

Steve