PDA

View Full Version : Broken grommet?

bc-05
01-23-2006, 03:23 AM
Hi okay another question from me.. one of my racquet is making noises as i was hitting the ball.. ppl say that it is due to broken grommets.. is there anyway of getting this grommets out? i know i can hear the noise from inside the head.. but i couldnt spot it anywhere.. so what do u ppl suggest?

Sixpointone
01-23-2006, 03:29 AM
HI BC,

Here is a quick question? Do any of the Grommets themselves look broken? The reason I ask is that it could be a broken Grommet, or it could also be loose Graphite or such in the head of the Frame.

One possible way to try and correct this is if your Racquet has a Trap Door at the Butt Cap you could open it, and gently tap it on the ground. That might make the debris exit the Frame.

I am sure that there are other with more expert advice, but I hope that helps.

Regards,
John

bc-05
01-23-2006, 03:44 AM
thanks.. nah i think it is a loose graphite from drilling.. but are u sure that the body of the frame and the handle is not closed (blocked)? or is it hollow all the way through.. its a TT airstick btw.. thanks again 6.1

SteveI
01-23-2006, 03:48 AM
thanks.. nah i think it is a loose graphite from drilling.. but are u sure that the body of the frame and the handle is not closed (blocked)? or is it hollow all the way through.. its a TT airstick btw.. thanks again 6.1

Hi,

Does it have the Air-Handle system?

Regards,
Steve

bc-05
01-23-2006, 04:37 AM
yes it does