PDA

View Full Version : Comparable string to Klip Ledgend 16, please help

Controled Tennis
01-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I am using Kilp lagend natual 16 in my Yonex RDX500 MID strung at 62lbs, this was the first time i used natural gut and love it. Unfortunately i orderd many types of strings and now dont have any choice expect using any one of them. I like the control and soft feel of Klip however its a bit powerfull for me. Please advise which of the following will be close to my klip and how can i reduce the power just a bit:

Tecnifibre NRG2 18 String
Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 18 String
Babolat Attraction Power 17 String
Babolat Powergy 16 String
Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 String Half Set
Babolat Pro Hurricane 18 String
Babolat VS Natural 16 Touch Half Set Strin
Luxilon Big Banger Ace Touch Hybrd 18 Stri
Luxilon Big Banger ALU Touch Hybrd 16L Str
Gama TNT fusion plus 19 (it is a hybird)

Gaines Hillix
01-23-2006, 07:48 AM
You're going to need to do a little research on the specs of each string(TW's string section has good descriptions of the makeup of each type of string). In general, nylon multifilament strings that contain polyurethane are softer and will feel somewhat like gut, but firmer. Solid core nylon strings(often called syn gut strings) are even stiffer and so are polyester and kevlar strings.

NoBadMojo
01-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Since you like the Legend and I assume dont wish to simply string it a bit tighter for more control? you can always use the Legend in the mains and something lower powered in the crosses. The Hurricane in the crosses may be a good place to start

Kevo
01-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I also find gut a bit overpowered in my RDX mid. My favorite string on your list is Babolat Powergy. Feels a lot like gut. I enjoyed it thoroughly at 60/57lbs. A bit of pop, good feel, and good control. Closest to gut so far IMO.