PDA

View Full Version : String for NSRQ7

crosscourt
01-23-2006, 08:10 AM
I have posted in the racket boards that I am thinking about changing to this racket. One thing that is making me hesitate is the racket/string combo. I love the feel of this racket strung with LiveWire XP at a highish tension for the racket -- something like 62lbs. The feel is very crisp and responsive. But those strings move all over the place. A couple of shots and there are no strings in the middle of the string bed. I have tried Yonex 850 (I think that was the string it came with) some gut (Klip) and Wilson sensation. None of these produced the feel that I want in the racket. I am going to go back to Livewire and maybe try it with an AluPower hybrid. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep the feel that I want in a relatively stable stringbed?

Many thanks

cc

TripleB
01-23-2006, 09:35 AM
I've tried a poly/mono hybrid in this racquet and hated it so I'm going back to the string that came in the demo I playtested for TW - Yonex Tour Super 850 16L. It gave me amazing control, touch, and didn't move near as much as many of the non-poly strings I've tried in the past. The durability seemed to be pretty good also...played about 10 hours with it and no signs of breaking---which is fantastic for me and my heavy spin game.

The demo was probably around 60 pounds once it made it to me so I'm going to try to go down to 57 pounds next time I have it strung in order to add a little more pop to my serve.

TripleB