PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a new racuqet

wearyellow
01-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Hello, For the past few years I have been using a Wilson hyper carbon prostaff 6.5 normally at 60 pounds. Lately I have been using 55 becuase it seems to give me more power and feel, yet I still don't lose any control. Anways I decided to try a new racquet out and I got a Head i Radical MP. I have been playing with that for a few months, but I am not too impressed. I like the feel and control of serves and volleys, yet I can never seem to get good power and spin on my ground strokes. I decided to try my younger bro's babolat pure drive out, but that thing felt like a trampoline when I hit the ball. So I need some help or suggestions on any racquets that might fit my liking. I am not a big guy, but racquet weight is not really an issue to me. I am just looking for a racuqet that will give me more power, just not as much as a pure drive. I was thinking about trying the new Mfil 200 or 300 from dunlop. Thanks and I really appreciate it.

serveitup911
02-22-2006, 12:15 PM
The M-Fil 200 is nice. Has a nice solid dampened feel with a good amount of "pop"

netman
02-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Hello, For the past few years I have been using a Wilson hyper carbon prostaff 6.5 normally at 60 pounds. Lately I have been using 55 becuase it seems to give me more power and feel, yet I still don't lose any control.

OS or MP?

snoflewis
02-22-2006, 03:07 PM
i tried out the mfil 200 for a brief moment and felt it was an ok racket....i didnt see anything too special about it, not much pop, muted feel. it wasn't one of those rackets that really stuck out for me when i was hitting w/ it