PDA

View Full Version : Natural gut, cows and the drought!

Radical Shot
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Here's an interesting piece of string information I picked up while I was visiting the vendor booths at the Australian Open. In the Klip stand, the rep told me that the drought here in Australia really affects the quality and durability of the gut. Makes sense really.

Happy, well-watered cows = good gut.

Maybe natural gut sources from a country / area with high rainfall is the best option?

So next time you go to purchase some natural gut, ask the stringer what the annual rainfall is in [insert country name here]. Then watch the expression on his face.

scotus
01-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Well, perhaps by the same token,

cows with mad-cow disease = mad spin? :)

La Bomba
01-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Australia actually has really good quality meat ( from cows) and they export it to the Americas etc because they get a higher price for it.

La Bomba
01-24-2006, 01:40 AM
And it is only in certain parts of Australia that has drought. For example, In Cairns ( a really tropical area of Australia) It rains every day. But as i said only some parts of australia are in drought.

GregLynch
01-24-2006, 03:15 AM
yeh bathurst is getting better but i live in narromine and it is as dry as a bone with water and tennis

Radical Shot
01-24-2006, 04:38 AM
yeh bathurst is getting better but i live in narromine and it is as dry as a bone with water and tennis

...a tennis drought. A true tragedy indeed. The next time I go through Bathurst, I'll bring my racquets and we can break the drought, and then go for a steak and a beer.

Does Bathurst have a Hog's Breath Cafe?

Steve Huff
01-24-2006, 06:36 AM
You should see this 19g gut I have. It was made from Ethiopian cows.

Rabbit
01-24-2006, 06:43 AM

that was good.....LMAO

fishuuuuu
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM

There are cows in Ethiopia? Or there are cows in Ethiopians?

joe sch
01-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Here's an interesting piece of string information I picked up while I was visiting the vendor booths at the Australian Open. In the Klip stand, the rep told me that the drought here in Australia really affects the quality and durability of the gut. Makes sense really.

Happy, well-watered cows = good gut.

Maybe natural gut sources from a country / area with high rainfall is the best option?

So next time you go to purchase some natural gut, ask the stringer what the annual rainfall is in [insert country name here]. Then watch the expression on his face.
Too bad, have the milk shakes also been poor :)

tennis4losers
01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Well, perhaps by the same token,

cows with mad-cow disease = mad spin? :)

lol thats pretty good.

GregLynch
01-25-2006, 03:13 AM
nah bathurst dont have hog's breath but we have Cougar spur's

legolas
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
wow that sux so maybe my aussie titan nat gut will have lesser playability, but i hope not

La Bomba
01-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Legolas it probably wont, read my posts above.