PDA

View Full Version : Perfect LM Radical Set-up?

Jalapeno2006
01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Those who use the non-flexpoint LM radical... Is there anything you can do to improve this stick? I put about 4.5 grams of lead at 3 and 9 O'Clock... but the balance went to hell. Anyone use leather grips on it? Additionally, what string at what tension brings out the best in this awesome racquet?

str33t
01-23-2006, 03:50 PM
im using the LM radical too. i havent customized it in any way since i think its fine the way it is. i've strung mine with a 17 gauge string at 57 pounds. to me, 57 pounds is a little tight on this racquet so next time i might string it at 56 or 55 pounds.

jackson vile
01-23-2006, 03:57 PM
the radical like many other Head sticks is very very sensative to stringing, tension, type, ect

You need a real pro to do it for you as the head is easily shortened as the hoop is flexy. What I recomend is stringing the crosses higher than the mains, one easy way to acomplish this it to use a 17-18g poly in the mains at 53lb or below and a 16-17g gut or good synthetic at 60-65lbs (if using a synthetic try for a very soft one).

As for adding weight you do not want to do this in the head, you want to add up to 1oz in the handle two finger length down from the top. And you may put some in the lower thoat of the stick and try that out as well.

Give that a try and get back to us

backhand_finish
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
i use a leather grip wwith it, the one from bab. it's great and makes it a tad more headlight but of course, weight is need on the throat too.

Jalapeno2006
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I am really considering using a leather grip. Please, tell me as much as you can about what it does for the racquet. How much more does a typical leather grip weigh than the standard Hydrocontrol grip. Before lead tape, how much more headlight does it become? Does it do anything for stability, control, feel, etc...? If you think that lead is necessary with a leather grip, where and how much would you place - (I have a roll of 1/4") I would still use an overgrip... if it has any berring.

Tennis_Geek
01-24-2006, 06:15 AM
I play with a stock LM Radical Tour midplus.
It is 30g heavier than the standard LM Radical.
It plays great as it is.
I strung it with 17 gauge Babolat Pro Hurricane mains and XCel Premium crosses at 58 lbs.
Excellent power and spin.
Also changed to Gamma leather grip with either Tourna or Gamma Supreme overgrip.