PDA

View Full Version : calling HPS 6.1 users

sandro
06-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Dear HPS 6.1 users, just 2 quick questions:
1. which racquet were you using before?
2. what do you like best of this racquet?
Let's see if there a "consistent" answer...
Thanks!

Mr. Sparkay
06-08-2004, 02:00 AM
1. Precision

2. The added weight at the head helped the hoop go through the ball without as much effort and seemed to help with stability.

wally
06-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Prior Racquet HPS 5.0

As stated above this racquet really plows through the ball. Not as much POP as the HPS 5.0 but more control and stability at net and when returning hard serves.

As a side note- For me the HPS 6.1 is string sensitive. I like it better with multi-filaments like sensation or the Laserfibre strings. Lux made the racquet feel like a board and when the tension started to drop it became a rocket launcher. Right now I've got Prince XX Lightening at 60LBS and the jury's still out.

Wally

!<-_->!
06-08-2004, 03:35 PM
1. Head i.Prestige MP XL
2. Better for all around play, especially volleys. Good for different spins because of string pattern, heft made it easier to plow through balls. For me, I have 4 layers of lead at 3&amp;9 and a leather grip.

Pushmaster
06-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Dunlop 300G. Hated it, too stiff and light. Have been playing with the HPS 6.1 on and off for the last 3 years and it's one of the few "newer" players racquets that I like, but not love. It's a good all around stick with no real weakness, although I wish it had a little more flex(in the throat), and a little less power. Balls tend to fly long unless I use alot of topspin.

garland
06-08-2004, 08:17 PM
1) Prince Warrior

2) As others have said, the way it plows through the ball. For me, though, the real treat with the HPS 6.1 is the way it serves. Great combination of control, pace/weight, and spin.

redpurusha
06-11-2004, 05:50 PM
1) Babolat Pure Drive

2) One-handed backhand hands down. Where does that "hands down" expression come from? Somebody places their hands down? Anyway, I never was able to hit a backhand well, but with this racquet with its 10pt headlight frame, I can hit confidently with either one hand or both hands. Very consistent ground strokes.

sandro
06-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks to all for the replays. Looks like a solid, all around frame.

tkoets
06-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Yeah, Sandro, a nice stick. I wonder how the nCode 95 is going to play in comparison? Some have complained of the weight of the stick, and obviously they haven't changed that. Will the racquet have more power? More stability? Or will it play pretty much the same? Will be interesting to hear more as more folks start trying them out.

BreakPoint
06-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Where does that "hands down" expression come from? Somebody places their hands down?

My guess is that when someone says that something wins "hands down", what they are saying is that it's so obvious, that there's no need for one to raise and wave their hands and draw attention to it for people to see it since it's so freaking obvious that everyone should see that without one needing to raise their hands or by keeping their "hands down".

Anyway, that's my interpretation off of the top of my head. Anyone else have any ideas?

perfmode
06-22-2004, 01:07 PM
1) Babolat Pure Drive

2) One-handed backhand hands down. Where does that "hands down" expression come from? Somebody places their hands down? Anyway, I never was able to hit a backhand well, but with this racquet with its 10pt headlight frame, I can hit confidently with either one hand or both hands. Very consistent ground strokes.

hands down = no questions asked

u raise ur hand to ask a question :D

SC in MA
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
In answer to your questions about the HPS 6.1

1) Racket before ? I used the Prince Spectrum Comp 90 for many years, even after it was discontinued in 1986 (or so). I then floundered trying a few sticks as a replacement. I finally decided on the Pro Staff Classic 6.1. I went to buy it and was told it was discontinued. I then bought the HPS 6.1, when it first came out. I used it for a year or two (or how ever long it's been), then tried the Bab Pure Control 2001. I just switched back to the HPS 6.1

2) Why the HPS 6.1? I play an all-court game and find the racket very good at most strokes, which makes it complementary to my game. I try to play aggressively, but with consistency. Compared to the PC, I found the HPS 6.1 almost as solid, but much more maneuverable, allowing me to get to balls when I'm out of position.

While I seem to play well with the HPS 6.1, I'm planning on looking at other sticks, particularly the nCode 90 and 95. Other sticks that intrigue me are the LM Prestige and RDX500 (based on the TW reviews). I'm not sure why I haven't considered the Diablo. I had a chance to hit with it and passed on it. I should probably consider that one as well.

sandro
07-02-2004, 06:10 AM
I've finally been able to demo it, and... it's not the racquet for me! Very solid, no doubt, but the feeling... well, just something I don't like. Also, a strange combo (for my tastes) of headlight balance and high swingweight, leading to too much power for my 1hbh. Very good to get spinning serves.
It happened I liked much more the old PS 6.0 95, demoing side 2 side.

perfmode
07-02-2004, 07:12 PM
1. Hyper Hammer 6.3

2. It is very stable and feels solid. It delivers a very heavy ball and serves are great. I light it's headlightedness and I can generate a lot of spin (sometimes too much). It's very solid overall and I'm looking to get a few more in 1/4 or 3/8 grip if any of you have any.