PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Best Spin Potential

dussea3477
01-24-2006, 06:00 AM
I have been using Prince Synthetic Gut since I started playing tennis 8 years ago. I am starting to look aroung for something with more spin, but don't have a clue what to try. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

djones
01-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Iso-Speed Pyramid might be nice.

I haven't tried this string, but is sure looks very promising:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-ISOPYR16.html

Midlife crisis
01-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I have been using Prince Synthetic Gut since I started playing tennis 8 years ago. I am starting to look aroung for something with more spin, but don't have a clue what to try. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Any string is rough enough to give you the same amount of swing if you hit through the ball, and using a rougher spin won't help at all in this case.

If you're looking for more spin, you should look to change your swingpath rather than your string.

fishuuuuu
01-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Iso-Speed Pyramid might be nice.

I haven't tried this string, but is sure looks very promising:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-ISOPYR16.html

Let me tell you now then djones, most textured strings are full of crap. Go with higher gauge string or polyester strings but take caution with tension reductions recommended by many.

babar
01-25-2006, 11:42 AM
My experience has been that polys (with the tension drop) gave me the BEST spin compared to anything I have tried in the 18 yrs I have played tennis. The drawback is that my shoulder could not take it for more than a season of play. I am trying to find another string combo to help, but no luck so far. The closest I have come is using a soft multifilament as crosses with a basic synthetic gut in the mains and a 4lb tension drop on the mains compared to the crosses. Midlife Crisis is right in that your swingpath will be the best way to get more spin, but it doesn't hurt to try a string combo to help in those times when you technique is not at its best. Good Luck.

smittysan89
01-25-2006, 12:00 PM
i would try timo18 if you can use it comfortably maybe even in a hybrid. Or Ace if you like it better.

devilish_duke
01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Luxilon BB Ace 18 is awesome. It's thin but doesn't break quickly. As a matter of fact, since I hybrid it in the mains, my syn gut cross break more quickly. There's definitely more spin with this string.

#LT
01-25-2006, 12:42 PM
since you have been using prince synthetic gut; i would give prince topspin plus a try.

Richie Rich
01-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Luxilon BB Ace 18 is awesome. It's thin but doesn't break quickly. As a matter of fact, since I hybrid it in the mains, my syn gut cross break more quickly. There's definitely more spin with this string.

second you on BB Ace 18. Softer than TiMO too so better on my arm. crazy spin.

legolas
01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
try roughyl textures strings, or thinner strings

smittysan89
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
can you give us some more info? Do you mind a harsher feel? Do you have arm problems? etc. even string pattern.

safin_protege
01-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Any Luxilon string, specifically Big Banger ALU Power, has great spin potential.

Bottle Rocket
01-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I am also going to put a vote in for Luxilon, I use Luxilon the Original. I would like to try some of their other stuff soon. I've had 2 string jobs with purely Luxilon original and another with Luxilon and a synthetic guy. The Lux totally ate up the synthetic. It did feel nice while it lasted though...

You will definitely get more spin from the Luxilon. String it 5 lbs less than your current tension to start. The trade-off is less feel and "deadness" after about 15 hours.

Do you ever break that synthetic gut?

I began searching for other string combinations when I started breaking strings. That is when I discovered Luxilon. The strings never move now and and I don't think I could break them if I tried my hardest.