PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Volkl Tour 6 (Gen II) or Prokennex Type R racquets?

precision response
01-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Yes, I have searched and read up on both - simply looking for more comments/suggestions as I do not have the luxury of the TW demo program in my country.

These two look like nice lighter, arm-friendly alternatives for someone suffering shoulder problems.

(I recognise that the Volkl will need a bit of lead and a leather grip :))

What are your thoughts?

Cheers.

Keifers
01-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Duplicate post.

See below.

Keifers
01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Duplicate post.

See below.

Keifers
01-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Duplicate post.

See below.

Keifers
01-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I play with and enjoy a PK Type R. With ogs and a rubberband dampener, it weighs 341 grams and is 8 pts HL, which makes it one of the lightest of my player's frames.

The lighter weight and 58 ra stiffness make it a fairly unique arm- and shoulder-friendly, control racquet. Flexy but not at all mushy feeling. Crisp response on impact, in fact.

Like all the Laver Heritage Series racquets, the R volleys really well -- nice, stable hoop, large sweetspot. Dwell time gives excellent control on groundies, but you can still get good pop on serves.

I string mine with synthetic gut @ 63 lbs (2 above midrange). I haven't tried nat gut or a gut hybrid, but that would make it even more arm-friendly, I suspect.

Hope this helps.