PDA

View Full Version : Prince Shark MP or Head LM Heat?

Virgilio
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Hello, I need to change my racquet and I've come up with these two after reviewing quite a bit of them. I had the chance to demo both, but I still have a mixed feeling about it.

Prince: it seemed a little more powerful, had more stability somehow, was ok at the serve and not impressive at net. Control was ok.

Head: serves looked better and at net the racquet behaved somehow better than the Prince (probably for the slight difference in weight). It seemed to have a good control but lacked somehow power and racquet seemed a little too light, though not bad overall.

Now...which one would you pick and why? Thanks for the help!

etd
01-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Depends on your game - if you're a baseliner, go for the Shark. If you're a serve and volleyer, go for the Heat. If you are an all court player, try something else altogether (I think this would be the best choice). You might want to give the Prince Air DB MP a try.

Your assessment of the Shark matches mine. It's a racket to pound from the baseline, but it is sluggish on serves and volleys.

Virgilio
01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
thanks for the input. I am more a baseliner, though I like sometimes (not often) to go at the net. Serve is important to me, so I'd like a racquet that serves well (powerful). Also control is very important to me. Unfortunately it seems that all of the racquets I tried didn't really fit, so I might just pick one of these two...

str33t
01-24-2006, 05:23 PM
i dont reely like eether of the two, but since i play with head, id go for the heat