PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Ultimum RQ 1500 OS or Dunlop 300G OS - need feedback!!

cruise30166
01-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm 46 years old and play at the NTRP 4.0 level. I enjoy as much of an all-court game as is possible for someone age 46. I prefer rackets that are 27.5", over size (105 - 110), and now I'm looking for something easier on the elbow!! Most recently, I played with the Prince TT Warrior OS. That played well for me but I found that I needed to string it around 65 to get the spin I wanted and to keep the ball from going long. But my elbow says "NO"!! So, my idea is to stick with the same basic racket dimensions at 27.5" and OS, but to get a more flexible & control oriented racket and even lower the string tension to about 55. So, I think the Yonex Ultimum RQ 1500 (OS), or, Dunlop 300G OS should do the trick. What do you say? Please give me feedback on these 2 rackets. Thanks.

atatu
01-24-2006, 11:57 AM
I've used them both. I loved the Yonex, but all of mine broke, which for me is a good reason to switch frames. You don't want to get hooked on a frame that is no longer in production unless you've got a lots of them. I switched to the Dunlop, and I really enjoy it. It is a bit more flexible than the Yonex, as far as I can telll. Although it has been discontinued, you can still buy them pretty cheap. Two new frames you might want to consider are the Prince 03 Tour Oversize (out soon) and the Volkl DNX V1 OS, although I expect the Price might be a little heavier than the rackets you've mentioned.

cruise30166
01-24-2006, 01:01 PM
From what I've been reading, heavier rackets, head light and more flexible is the way I should go. I can pick either one of these rackets up and they should be able to last me at least 2 years, so getting a discontinued racket is OK for me. I should be able to change to another similar racket later on if I need to. Thanks for the input. Anyone else?? Is there any one characteristic that is much different in these rackets, or, do they play very much the same??