PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop mfil 300 or Mc. Maxply

wearyellow
01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has tried either of these racquets and what your thoughts about them were. Also I noticed the price dropped rather quickly for the 200 and the 300 mfil, just wondering why they dropped the price so quickly when other racquet companies keep selling at the original price. Thanks

austro
01-24-2006, 02:43 PM
My choice is the Maxply (as evidenced by what I use). When I feel that it is too heavy on any given day, I change to the 300G. Don't like the MFIL. Do a search: there are tons of threads on this from late last year.

d wayne
01-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I have not tried the McEnroe racket- when I picked it up in the shop it felt more head heavy- also I didn't like the paint at all. There have been good things said about it here, however.
I use the mFil 300. I have added 3" lead at 3 & 9 o'clock- it is 11oz now. It plays beautifully. I get more pace than with my heavier iTour(previous racket) & also more spin. I play solid 4.0 competition(some hard hitters included) & the mFil 300 plays very solid.
Well worth a demo

Marius_Hancu
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
M-fil 300, great versatile racquet, seems less harsh than the other one (with which haven't played though)

I bought 200 for harder ball

czech09
01-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I really didn't like the M-Fil 300 when I tried it out, however my partner really loved it so it's a personal choice...

FuriousYellow
01-25-2006, 11:13 AM
My choice is the Maxply (as evidenced by what I use). When I feel that it is too heavy on any given day, I change to the 300G. Don't like the MFIL. Do a search: there are tons of threads on this from late last year.

I feel the same way I'm also playing the Max as a primary and weighted 300G as a backup. I have little lead in the handle of the Max to make it more headlight, but didn't need to use any in the head like the 300G because it's much more stable. I also had to replace the leather grip with Hydramax grip because leather's too slippery for me.

The MFil just vibrated too much for my liking.

netman
01-25-2006, 05:22 PM
I play the MaxPly. Demoed both. The two were like night and day to me. The MaxPly is solid as a rock. Both 300s combine light weight and high flex, which to me made them feel like a wet noodle. You had to swing so hard with the 300s to get any pace on the ball you lost touch and control.

300s might work well for a big topspin game, but the MaxPly works really well for a S&V game based on power and angles.

-k-

thejuice
01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I play the MaxPly. Demoed both. The two were like night and day to me. The MaxPly is solid as a rock. Both 300s combine light weight and high flex, which to me made them feel like a wet noodle. You had to swing so hard with the 300s to get any pace on the ball you lost touch and control.

300s might work well for a big topspin game, but the MaxPly works really well for a S&V game based on power and angles.

-k-

It all has to do with YOUR game. To me the Maxply and M-Fill 300 play very similarly with the major difference being the stiffness of the Maxply (which I could feel in my shoulder). My serve was fantastic with the Maxply but in comparison, it is great with the M-Fil. As you can see in my signature, I am currently playing the M-Fil's with a couple of Slaz X-1 as backups.