PDA

View Full Version : I Now Own Yonex Super Rd Tour 90

Jonnyf
01-24-2006, 03:18 PM
through the famous action site i know own a Yonex Super RD Tour 90. I cant wait for it to arrive. I think im in a war with Liam now haha we keep comparing our racquets. BTW there is one from Hong Kong on from a member here.
Thanks and if you use/play with this plese post experiences

vkartikv
01-24-2006, 03:23 PM
My first midsize racquet, something I will cherish forever. Absolute delight to hit with, just couldn't find any that were bigger than 4 1/4!!

Jonnyf
01-24-2006, 03:42 PM
yeah lol i think mines 4 1/4 ah i paid set to arrive on Thu when my school ets the day off, so i think i'll take it out for a wee hit then lol. Thanks for the experiance.

http://cgi.e b ay.co.uk/ws/e BayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7211842454&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11
there you go

(remove the spaces)

vkartikv
01-24-2006, 03:46 PM
try it with bde rally natural gut if you get a chance, amazing spin on backhand slices and very good on counterpunching rallies. Downside is it does not have as much feel as a ps 6.0

Jonnyf
01-24-2006, 04:04 PM
ahhh no not the uk curse, alot of the top gutstrings are impossible to get here, i can get babolat and pacific really probably just get this strung up with signum or something i dont think this will be my main stick just a collecters piece that ill hit with

Jonnyf
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah so still set to arrive tomorrow so i will DEFINETELY at least give the wall a whak with it. Never played with anything below 95 ( i mean owned only played with woodies like once)

Richie Rich
01-25-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah so still set to arrive tomorrow so i will DEFINETELY at least give the wall a whak with it. Never played with anything below 95 ( i mean owned only played with woodies like once)

well, the srd tour 90 will feel like wood so you should be ok. wait a minute, you're too young to remember wood.

Jonnyf
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
well, the srd tour 90 will feel like wood so you should be ok. wait a minute, you're too young to remember wood.

Yeah too young to remember wood. The main reasons i bid (and won) the srd was because
1) Hewitt plays with it under his pj (apparently)
2) Liam always goes on about it.

So i wanted to have a hit with one and collect one

Richie Rich
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
understandable. now if you want a really flexy stick to hit with try the rossignol f200 that wilander played with.

Jonnyf
01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
understandable. now if you want a really flexy stick to hit with try the rossignol f200 that wilander played with.

Hey hey hey im not superman here lol j/k if its on e b a y or for cheap ill consider the options lol

Sixpointone
01-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Jonny,

Thanks for sharing and best of luck with the new Racquet.

Please let me know how you like it.

Regards,
John

Jonnyf
01-26-2006, 12:58 AM
hey thanks sixpointone its meant to arrive today so im exstatic

Jonnyf
01-26-2006, 03:36 AM
IT ARRIVED AWESOME. its in a brilliant condition and no WAY its a heavy as everyone says, as soon as the nalbandian Bagdhatis match finishes (not saying score or anything) im gonna go get some shopping then hit he crap outta the wall. I have a lesson today but im not going to use it for that. also the ead doesnt look that small but you never know f i really can hit with this 90 my next racquet might be a 90 odd square inch head. If you dont mind can i post a wee review later.

Yours Sincerely
Jonathan Forrest

Sixpointone
01-26-2006, 04:55 AM
Jonny,

Glad to hear that your new Yonex Racquet came in, and yes I will be looking forward to reading your review on it.

All My Best,
John

Jonnyf
01-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Thanks alot John, im jus ba from doing a few things (like admitting defeat to Liam and sendin the package AHHH) so im going soon.

Yours Sincerely
Jonathan Forrest

Pen Express
01-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey Jonny, what kind of style do you play? And I am also looking forward to a review.

Jonnyf
01-26-2006, 01:57 PM
im a pretty hard hitting baseliner occasionally i venture to the net. i hit everything really full on. FH is (attempt at Roddick the max ive had it speed gunned at is 78 mph) i can literally hit anything with it angles, anything. Oh one thing i cant do is hit a FH dropshot and slice (exceot flat shots and my bh is again roddicky i do hit winners but generally i just try to get it deep with power (angles are a HELL NO on my bh hit it about 68 recorded max on my bh but i can hit lices and dropshots off it) My serve is imo pretty hard got it recorded today at 91 mph but i need to use the speed gun when ive warmed up properly (but my average first serve is about 89 mph). if you can think of anything else ill tell you about my stroke on it

Jonnyf
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
right so im hitting with it tommorrow (actually today its 12.52 am here)

Jonnyf
02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
hey guys sorry about the delay i had quite a good wee hit on wed and tomorrow will have another one

Rabbit
02-10-2006, 01:21 PM
IT ARRIVED AWESOME. its in a brilliant condition and no WAY its a heavy as everyone says,

When Yonex produced the RD Tour 90, they weighted it by grip size. I played with a 4 1/2 and trust me, it was heavy. I had four of them at one point and now wish I had hung on to them. It was a great frame.

Jonnyf
02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah so far it seems quite good mine is 4 1/4 with the original yonex leather grip (it seems like leather) right now the strings are useless but i have a set of Polystar energy lying around so i might get that strung up soon. (i still need to get my Tour Trysis 300 mp strung up again (snapped a string a few weeks ago) but back on topic so far im under the impression that serve just seemed normal but on the fh especially i noticed that (everyone else said it and now i KNOW IT) that if you dont swing all your weight into the shot (which i do like 70% of the time anyway) it barely goes past the service line. I barely hit any volleys most of the volleys that i hit were touch volleys which seemed ok good at best