PDA

View Full Version : Anybody already tried the Völkl Tour 10 V-Engine Midplus?

spinbalz
06-08-2004, 05:07 AM
Any detailed review please, or comparison with the regular Tour 10 Midplus, or the C10 Pro Midplus 98.

womackD
06-08-2004, 02:06 PM
SpinBalz,

I hit with the Volkl V-engine 10 Midplus over the weekend. I don't think I have enough time into the racket to give a detailed review but I can give you some initial thoughts.

The first thing i noticed when playing with the MP, compared to the Mid, is that it has a more responsive feel. The ball cups/dwells longer on the strings and delivers a livlier ball. The MP also has a crisper feel, more vibration/handle feedback than the MID. This really appealed to me, and i know alot of players don't like the "mushy" feel of Volkl. So, this racket may appeal to those players.

Another plus of the Midplus, compared to the Mid, is that it's possible to play defense with the racket. You can block balls back with a minimal swing, something very difficult to do with the MID (especially if you have a onehanded backhand.)

Stability: The racket swings very comfortably with it's 12oz frame. To me, it seems to be more evenly balanced than the MID, thus puts more weight behind the shot. I didnt get to play against any big hitters, but against the 3.5 ish male player and the 4.5 female player i was hitting with, the racket was not an issue with stability.

Volley's: This racket is a Volkl, it was born for touch volleys and exchanges at the net.. Nothing new to report here.

Serves: Didn't hit enough to really form an opinion, one way or another, but for it's weight and high flex, the power was adequet.. Granted, i didnt hit the pace that I can with the LM Prestige MID (another racket i had out on the courts this weekend) but control and placement was excellent.

Returns: Heavy and sturdy enough to block, and manuverable enough to go for shots.

Among the rackets that i have hit with this year, the Vengine 10 mid and miplus, along with the Pro Kennex Core 1 #6 have been the best of the bunch. Other rackets that i have demoed include the Diablo, NXG, VE9, RDX 500HD, LM Prestige's (still in the process of demoing) and several others.