PDA

View Full Version : v-con 17 or RQ7

martin
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
What are the differences between the rackets. Obviously the v-con 17 is lighter and more head heavy. Has anyone played both of these rackets?
Can you give a detailed description of the differences.

sw00sh
01-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Maybe Hingis would like to answer this question. :D
Just kidding. I would like to find out too.

Jack Romeo
01-24-2006, 07:48 PM
i've asked this question myself several times before, since the description page says that the nsrq7 is supposed to be the successor of the vcon17. but people here just keep comparing the nsrq7 to the rdx500 as if they have the same target group!

well, anyway, the vcon17 was reviewed here at tw and the playtesters had surprisingly good comments. the granville guy even said "two thumbs up" even though he uses the wilson hps 6.1 (can u imagine a players' racket user saying something like that about a tweener?).

my own experience with the vcon17 was only with the 107 version. i found it quite comfortable and maneuverable. the sweetspot was enormous and the power level was a little higher than what i was used to but the wide open string pattern gave tremendous spin potential to control my shots. overall, i thought it was a good racket especially for those days when i was feeling a bit lazy. one thing - i didn't really serve well with it.

the vcon17 has an 18mm shaft and a 27mm head which means it flexes more at the shaft. the nsrq7 is almost a straight beam racket but the description says it has a stiff throat (due to the nano thingy) and a more flexible head, especially the upper part of the head. from all this info, i can surmise that they would feel different in play too.

Richie Rich
01-24-2006, 08:42 PM
i've hit with both, rq7 last week but hit with the vcon 17 last year.

i found the rq7 to be more comfortable and have less power than the vcon. can't really compare the rq7 to the rdx 500 - they play completely different.

if you have longer strokes and price is not an issue, go with the rq7. if you have shorter strokes and need a stiffer racquet for a power boost go with the vcon. BTW, i heard that the vcons had an issue with frames cracking at the throat. maybe someone who has had a vcon can comment or verify?

Jack Romeo
01-25-2006, 07:36 AM
... can't really compare the rq7 to the rdx 500 - they play completely different.

my point exactly, so i wonder why in almost all other posts about the rq7, people here keep comparing it to the rdx500.

BTW, i heard that the vcons had an issue with frames cracking at the throat. maybe someone who has had a vcon can comment or verify?

well mine cracked, but i can't tell if it was due to some structural weakness or racket abuse...