PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation/Suggestions for PPP/Gosen hybrid

spindoktur
01-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I have two sets of Signum Poly Pro Plasma strings coming in, one in the 17g and one more in the 17L gauge. I want to put it in a hybrid with Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16 on my i.Prestige MP XL.

My question is directed to all those who have played around with hybrid tensions in one way or another:
- I have previously strung my i.Prestige with Prince Lightning XX 16 @ 57lbs, then with Gamma LiveWire XP 16 @ 58lbs, and liked the feel of both after a couple of hours of hitting (esp the LiveWire). So with this new hybrid setup, what would your tension recommendations be?
I'm thinking the Poly Pro 17L mains @ 55lbs, and the OG Sheep crosses @ 58lbs, but this is just me guess-timating. Should I go higher/lower?

My playing style would be primarily baseline, but with frequent forays to the net. Love hitting touch/feel volleys, hit with moderate topspin, eastern/semi-western FH, eastern one handed BH -- for a point of reference.

Any suggestions, recommendations or feedback would be much appreciated. Have a good week, everyone!

spindoktur
01-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Any help, anyone?...

Also, any thoughts about using the Volkl V-Rex or Pro Hurricane 17 as mains, compared to the Poly Pro Plasma?