PDA

View Full Version : What's the Head Graphite Pro's unstrung weight?

djones
01-25-2006, 04:08 AM
I could get 3 of these racquets, but I need a little more information about them.
If someone could tell what they weigh and what's the beamwidth and stiffness rating!

djones
01-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Anyone!!???

tandayu
01-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Which version do you have? Euro, turqoise, or Usa black color?

Deuce
01-26-2006, 01:32 AM
I've got a European one, and I can tell you that it's quite heavy when a full set of CAP grommets are added. Too heavy.

It has this 'built-in bumper' thing - which is essentially some type of rubber that has been molded into the frame and painted over. It can't be removed. That's why adding the CAPs makes it so damn heavy.

Colpo
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
They all run about 12 oz. unstrung. Beam width is about 19 mm, box shape and hollow core. Don't know the flex rating, but they have stiff heads and more flexy shafts (great feel).

djones
01-27-2006, 04:51 AM
They all run about 12 oz. unstrung. Beam width is about 19 mm, box shape and hollow core. Don't know the flex rating, but they have stiff heads and more flexy shafts (great feel).

Do you think its feel is closer to the Head Prestige Classic or Pro Tour?

Colpo
01-27-2006, 02:23 PM

Sorry, can't say with much specificity. If you want to compare it to another Head graphite, I'd say the earlier Graphite Edge or Graphite Director, both of which had that bulky, squared-off but thin beam. With the Pro, they all offer a solid 'thwok' type of feel on impact.

I think both the Prestige and Pro Tour mids are more aerodynamic than the Graphite Pro, something to keep in mind if you're wanting a 'faster' racquet or are not that physically strong. If you're at all used to the Prestige profile, with its wide open throat, the Graphite Pro is a beefier frame without actually being any wider.

tandayu
01-27-2006, 05:03 PM

All my torqoise and black USA graphite pro feels very headlight in comparison with PC600. The Euro Graph pro feels much heavier than the USA version.