PDA

View Full Version : Fischer M-Speed users

backhand
01-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Recently demoed both Fischer M-Speeds as well as the Prince O3 Tour. Don't want to be redundant, so I'll just agree with other reviewers that M-Speeds have amazing feel and precision. (Although most have been too hard on the O3 - versatile stick that would benefit more from some tight gut than the lead everyone mentions.) Anyway, leaning toward the 98 (105 felt unwieldy at times). But there's the power issue.

OK, the 98 has surprising pop for such a soft flex, but the TW power rating is about right - similar power to my old Volkl Tour 10 MP, more than my Pro Staff 85. A lot less than most modern MP's. And not enough for today's game unless you're consistently there early and fast. (Just the opposite of the O3, which will dig you out of most any hole you find yourself in.)

So has anyone played with the 98 strung lower? (Assume the TW demo was at 62) Curious what the tradoffs are at 56 or so. I could play around with tension but not hard strings (funky wrist). Thanks.

iscottius
01-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Recently demoed both Fischer M-Speeds as well as the Prince O3 Tour. Don't want to be redundant, so I'll just agree with other reviewers that M-Speeds have amazing feel and precision. (Although most have been too hard on the O3 - versatile stick that would benefit more from some tight gut than the lead everyone mentions.) Anyway, leaning toward the 98 (105 felt unwieldy at times). But there's the power issue.

OK, the 98 has surprising pop for such a soft flex, but the TW power rating is about right - similar power to my old Volkl Tour 10 MP, more than my Pro Staff 85. A lot less than most modern MP's. And not enough for today's game unless you're consistently there early and fast. (Just the opposite of the O3, which will dig you out of most any hole you find yourself in.)

So has anyone played with the 98 strung lower? (Assume the TW demo was at 62) Curious what the tradoffs are at 56 or so. I could play around with tension but not hard strings (funky wrist). Thanks.

String the fischer M speed at 57 with a multi or gut and you will have all the pop you need, and a ton of spin.

vegasgt3
01-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I use the Roddick set-up (Hurricane/VS) and string around 58 and it has almost too much power for me. Lower the string tension and you should find the power.