PDA

View Full Version : NBM or others tried the DNX 10 yet?

saf
01-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Played again with this frame last night. I really love some things about it. I want to try a poly in the main and something soft in the cross strung at a low tension.

Just curious what any other's observations, preferences and likes are in regard to the frame.

Thanks!

NoBadMojo
01-25-2006, 11:40 AM
saf I hit w. a early iteration of this frame and dont know if the production model turned out to be the same. The one I hit was a very nice frame. I have a production frame here all strung up and ready to take out to the Prom, and will post something here after a good session. I've got it strung at 52 w. Klip Legend M's and Klip Excellerator X's.

Two Fister
01-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Played a couple of sets with the DNX 10 last night. I was impressed with the racquet. More feel than my AeroProDrive+.

My opponent, who knows my game very well as we play weekly said that my shots with the Volkl did not have as much zip on them as when I use the apd+. Also, the balls weren't quite as "heavy" with the Volkl.

I did notice that it was more difficult to generate a lot of topspin with this racquet compared to the apd+. When I rip a topspin forehand with the apd+, usually the ball will take a sharp dive near the end of it's airborne travel, but it was definitly harder to achieve this with the dnx 10. The balls would seem to have a more uniform flight pattern and would land a foot long more than they would with the apd+.

However, I did notice that I could slice my serve out wide with pretty good spin with the dnx 10. And occasionally I did manage to impart a good deal of topspin on my ground strokes, it just wasn't a given like it is with the apd+. So I'm a bit confused. Maybe I would need to change my stroke to accomodate the dnx 10 and achieve more spin.

I did switch back to my apd+ for about four points during the match and my opponent said that my serve was definitely coming in harder with the apd+.

Anyway, I restrung the demo racquet just now so next time I play with it I will be using familiar strings and I will know the tension.

I've demoed many racquets and the dnx 10 is one racquet that I would consider buying. Another racquet that I would consider after a brief demo is the Fischer M Pro 98 or 105.

I hit briefly with the volkl Tour 10 genII, and the tour 10 midplus and I think I was more impressed with the dnx 10. It looks cooler, too. I think volkl is borrowing some of it's paint and appearance from it's skiing division.

For now, going to continue to demo the dnx 10, but I'm probably going to stick with my apd+'s. I'd be really curious about a 16 X 19 version of the dnx 10 if that ever comes out.

jackson vile
01-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Thank you, have you tryed or heard of a racket that gives more spin than the APD?

Also NBM when you gonna post that review:rolleyes: :p

Two Fister
01-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Thank you, have you tryed or heard of a racket that gives more spin than the APD?

I believe most of the spin is generated in technique, but some racquets seem a bit easier to generate spin with than others. When I used the PureDrive for a couple of years, I felt that the spin potential was similar to the AeroProDrive+. This is contrary to the findings of some others who feel the apd is better at generating spin than the pd.

In general, I believe it is easier to generate spin with a head light racquet cuz it's easier to get the head accelerating faster.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

jackson vile
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
I believe most of the spin is generated in technique, but some racquets seem a bit easier to generate spin with than others. When I used the PureDrive for a couple of years, I felt that the spin potential was similar to the AeroProDrive+. This is contrary to the findings of some others who feel the apd is better at generating spin than the pd.

In general, I believe it is easier to generate spin with a head light racquet cuz it's easier to get the head accelerating faster.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Yeah no big deal, just like to hear peoples opinions on rackets, I am able to get really heavy balls out of my LMP so I am no slouch when it comes to spin, I am just always looking for more.

I just put in some new string to all even more spin so we will see, I also like the POG for spin and the LMIXL

Also you should try stringing your crosses lower than the mains it gives more spin and control for spinners.

Two Fister
01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Also you should try stringing your crosses lower than the mains it gives more spin and control for spinners.

From your signature, it looks like you string your crosses tighter than your mains (unless I'm reading your notation backwards).

Jack the Hack
01-26-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm not a Volkl expert, but I have recently tried out a few of the new DNX sticks in comparison to the Babolat lines. I just wanted to point out that the DNX 10 has a very tight string pattern (18X20) compared to the more open AeroProDrive+ (16X19), and will produce less spin. Therefore, I don't really see those two racquets as being in the same category...

(However, I think the DNX 8 compares perfectly with the Pure Drive... and maybe the APD+ to a certain extent.)

jackson vile
01-26-2006, 06:20 PM
From your signature, it looks like you string your crosses tighter than your mains (unless I'm reading your notation backwards).

Wave power is two different strings from Wave tennis, the mains is a stiff mono while the cross is very soft.